Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Why would you assume that? People who get in positions like that are bureaucrats - not thinkers and doers. What makes you think there was any actual scientific expertise there at all?
Veterans of past disease outbreaks have said the downsizing of staff at the NSC's Directorate for Global Health Security and Biodefense — a unit sometimes referred to as the White House pandemic office — in 2018 was likely to hamper the U.S. government's response to the coronavirus.

Lots of things. Certainly and obviously not quick and appropriate response to a pandemic.

So you think the Office of Knee-Jerk Reaction is superior to handling problems than one with science and expertise on hand? That it's more important to look proactive and do something even if it's wrong or amounts to nothing than to go at it with a plan? Haven't your lot been hammering Pence for just that reason - other people are more qualified? A little secret I learned long long ago: in a bureaucracy, the higher up a problem is handled the more likely it is mishandled.

So you think the Office of Knee-Jerk Reaction is superior to handling problems than one with science and expertise on hand? That it's more important to look proactive and do something even if it's wrong or amounts to nothing than to go at it with a plan? Haven't your lot been hammering Pence for just that reason - other people are more qualified? A little secret I learned long long ago: in a bureaucracy, the higher up a problem is handled the more likely it is mishandled.

Want something to blow your mind? 4,000 people are on The White House staff with a $700 million budget.

Reactions: AM64
While I agree with your larger point. But I see a whole lot people here ignoring the department with “science and expertise” on hand.

Had an interesting thought pop up after evening meditation..where are the families of the dead nursing home patients in Washington State? If your family member died because the government mishandled a serious virus outbreak wouldn’t you be raising a ruckus about something? Have any of them been on the orange man bad news channels? That’s a serious question as I don’t watch tv news channels.

Reactions are largely understandable and predictable.
He was comparing the reaction to Obama with the reaction to Trump.
They did not receive the same reactions because they did not earn the same reactions.

Yeah cause the left wing media doesn’t suck trumps rooster.

Don’t be naive

Guy in Italy is begging someone in the government to come get his dead sister who died of the virus.

Posted a video with her dead in the bed behind him.

I blame Trump.

Guy in Italy is begging someone in the government to come get his dead sister who died of the virus.

Posted a video with her dead in the bed behind him.

I blame Trump.
Yea the problem is going to be when our hospital beds overfill here. In two weeks we are going to be in a world of hurt. That’s when the full f up will be exposed.

Reactions: AM64 and NEO
Yea the problem is going to be when our hospital beds overfill here. In two weeks we are going to be in a world of hurt. That’s when the full f up will be exposed.

The left did say the only way to really solve climate change is with population control.

I would think all the tree huggers would be happy and hoping this killed off a good one third.

I mean I am really confused here.

I can’t believe how many of you want to compare this to the flu. Let’s understand some things:

When you cite number of deaths you are using a yearly number. We are only 3 months in at the epicenter which is China. I guarantee you the number of deaths from this will dwarf those.

There is no vaccine for this. We can debate all we want about the efficacy of the flu shot but it certainly helps.

We have no antibodies to fight this. It’s a new disease our body doesn’t know how to take. That’s a problem.

People who fell healthy will make others sick. Which is why some on here who claim they will not do anything different in their lives as long as they don’t feel ill are dangerous dumb F’s.

We love freedom. Show you have the maturity to use it responsibly.

I can’t believe how many of you want to compare this to the flu. Let’s understand some things:

When you cite number of deaths you are using a yearly number. We are only 3 months in at the epicenter which is China. I guarantee you the number of deaths from this will dwarf those.

There is no vaccine for this. We can debate all we want about the efficacy of the flu shot but it certainly helps.

We have no antibodies to fight this. It’s a new disease our body doesn’t know how to take. That’s a problem.

People who fell healthy will make others sick. Which is why some on here who claim they will not do anything different in their lives as long as they don’t feel ill are dangerous dumb F’s.

Luther Jr. we are more than 3 months into this and you are way over reacting.

The left did say the only way to really solve climate change is with population control.

I would think all the tree huggers would be happy and hoping this killed off a good one third.

I mean I am really confused here.
I am 100% certain that your comment is in no way helpful to the conversation or relevant.

Reactions: berryvol
Luther Jr. we are more than 3 months into this and you are way over reacting.
We shall see. When I see big business making drastic moves it’s a sign. For example Disney.

What’s going on in Italy hog? They are slightly ahead of us in this. You want to live in that world? Are they over reacting?

I am not Hog. Just looking at the math and what’s happened everywhere else. Pragmatic is what I would call it

You’re not pragmatic you are believing the BS. This bug has been in the US since at least Dec, probably since November and when it’s all said and done it will be another case of media induced hysteria.

Reactions: allvol123

I follow your train of thought but the flu is normally seasonal so the data is not based on a whole year of outbreak, closer to 4 to 5 months maybe.

I do think you are over reacting but I respect your view point.

VN Store

Back