Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

I don't understand this run on toilet paper. Just left Kroger and cart after cart was loaded with Charmin. Is diarrhea a symptom of coronavirus?
I got 14 days worth of food/essentials in case they shut us all down (already sports and amusement/many schools) but I don't understand cases of toilet paper. Maybe a big family? :-/

Reactions: InVOLuntary
I got 14 days worth of food/essentials in case they shut us all down (already sports and amusement/many schools) but I don't understand cases of toilet paper. Maybe a big family? :-/
Well, you would need 14 days of TP but I think most are selling it for double online.

Reactions: AM64
We bought a couple or three extra weeks worth of essentials about 2 weeks ago, and set it aside for later use , just in case. Not using any of it until the sh!t hits the fan, so to speak.

Reactions: AM64 and JCP201
Nope, it's reflexive panic buying. People buying because they see everybody else buying it and they are buying as much as they can, "just in case."

From another site:

I was wondering the same, but then I read an article where they went and asked people why they are buying TP... the response " Because other people are buying it" ...

HAHAHAHA!

One of the guys at work said that his mom showed them a bedroom in the house and it was PACKED with TP. WHY??? we all had a good laugh about it. Then he said, anybody need some $5 a roll ... :LOL:

I don't understand this run on toilet paper. Just left Kroger and cart after cart was loaded with Charmin. Is diarrhea a symptom of coronavirus?
I was in a small market here in NY near my apartment, and there was some lady ahead of me that was buying 8 rolls and some snacks. The blood was not visible out the corner of my mouth but I could taste it.

Reactions: AM64 and 508mikey
I did it because I knew what would happen. I remember the lines of people constantly filling their gas tanks in 1973 or 74.
I could have bought a sh!tload, but I'm not a hoarder or a reseller.

It wouldn't surprise me if the cases grow, but it's probably been in the US likely mid December at the latest. This didn't arrive and blow up in one month. China knew about it since November and did little to stop the spread until mid-late January so I'm sure it made it's way across the world before most nations had much chance to do anything meaningful early on.

Articles from Jan so people can see what was actually being said...

China spent the crucial first days of the Wuhan coronavirus outbreak arresting people who posted about it online and threatening journalists

Wuhan officials face questions, anger over virus response

China’s Coronavirus Response Is Questioned: ‘Everyone Was Blindly Optimistic’

I like the last one "Everybody was Blindly Optimistic."

Sound familiar?

That's why this was never gonna be contained, should've stopped flights everywhere immediately imo.

You'll never get libs to understand that before their open borders policy we had Ellis Island for a reason. Not practical today, of course, but we did take imported contagion seriously at one time.

VN Store

Back