Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

PHIL_936_lores.jpg

Anyone remember 1976 and the swine flu shots with the pneumatic pistols?
Swine flu shots, huh? Okay, I didn't think I had ever seen that big of a line of people getting their shoes repaired.

What about them? Wonderful sentiment...

You're being intentionally stupid. Congrats.

Older people are more suceptible to dying from the Flu as well. What about that scenario? Where's your chicken little outrage there? You know why Italy has high mortality? Because they have an older population. It's directly proportional. Quarantine measures wouldn't have stopped that. May not have happened as quickly, maybe, but it still would have happened. This thing sucks and I don't want older people to die anymore than anybody else. But this is what it is.

As for everybody else...there are slightly higher mortality numbers (stop with the 30-40 times higher nonsense, that still represents ~0.2% for the majority of people) with COVID-19. The only reason for all these measures is to control healthcare resources being overwhelmed. Educate and normalize this like we do the Flu, or any other infectious disease that kills people and its buisness as normal.

The reactions on this board and moral finger pointing at people like they don't care about old people because they are rationally looking at the problem is mind-boggling stupid, short-sighted, and nothing more than taking the lowest common denominator argument because the sheer hard facts of the numbers don't back up a single thing you are saying.

CNN description seem more realistic than FOX that is apparently downplaying it. (especially considering what is happening in Italy) It sounds like a butt kicker.

Floyd County man tested positive days after being turned away from hospital

The truth is somewhere in the middle. The idea that it is nothing more than the common flu is crap. The idea that calling COVID-19 "Wuhan virus" or "foreign virus" is exhibiting xenophobia is also crap. What isn't crap is that this virus is something we should treat seriously: stay home if your travel isn't essential and practice good hygiene. AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DO NOT STAB SOMEONE OVER BOTTLED WATER.

VN Store

Back