Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did South Korea take same measures? Their numbers are dropping too. This is a legit question. I know some can misconstrue things posted here.

I’m trying to wrap my head around this.

South Korea has tested like 40000 people. They took early measures.

Edit: charger beat me. I give up.

Did South Korea take same measures? Their numbers are dropping too. This is a legit question. I know some can misconstrue things posted here.

I’m trying to wrap my head around this.
SK was much more preventive (which appears to work better in public health than on football defense). Instead of testing only people with symptoms they tested everyone who came in contact with people who had symptoms. In Australia you were able to get a test by request, you didn't have to show symptoms.

We should find out what North Korea is doing because they haven't reported a care of Coronavirus yet, they must have a good plan.

SK was much more preventive (which appears to work better in public health than on football defense). Instead of testing only people with symptoms they tested everyone who came in contact with people who had symptoms. In Australia you were able to get a test by request, you didn't have to show symptoms.

We should find out what North Korea is doing because they haven't reported a care of Coronavirus yet, they must have a good plan.

North Korea only reports on nuclear issues :):). Probably 90% of the population lives in poverty and the government doesn't care what happens to them. They're already quarantined from the elite.

English soccer season suspended.

Of course, with Liverpool having a completely insurmountable lead to win the title, this will be the year they declare no champion, because I’m a Tennessee and Liverpool fan
You hate to see it.

-Manu.

Really, do wish they could finish.

Amazing work by Seegene, a biotech company in SK. They were focusing on CV 4 days before the 1st case was even reported.
Test kits were out and in usage across the country, free of charge, in an impressive amount of time.

Tbh, I think our media's love of a good pandemic is going to be of benefit here, for a change.
Hmm...now my conspiracy theorist in me really wonders if there is biological warfare at play. How did South Korea know that they needed to be making diagnostic tests for it before it was even reported to have an actual case?

Hmm...now my conspiracy theorist in me really wonders if there is biological warfare at play. How did South Korea know that they needed to be making diagnostic tests for it before it was even reported to have an actual case?

Maybe my wording. They started 4 days before the 1st case in South Korea. It was already spreading fast in China.
Proximity made a SK issue inevitable.

Was in Cozumel two years ago. Was not impressed and would not go back. I been to much better....:(

Nice job sliding in a horrible take. Yeah it sucks to be able to drive a jeep around a beautiful island and stop at any white sand beach and be the only one around for miles or grab a drink on a cliff overlooking the ocean or walk to a lighthouse. I'm guessing the locals probably couldn't wait for you to leave.

images

You know what really chaps me about all these big events being cancelled.

No one is talking about these arena workers and such who probably work for terrible wages and long hours living paycheck to paycheck just stuck with no job or income right now. I mean seems like everyone wants to make it about the athletes who honestly aren't having any impact to their quality of life from this situation. Pro players got millions in their accounts and probably still getting paid either way. College athletes aren't suddenly scrambling for extra cash to keep room & board, they're alright. Stuck in their room doing classes online, but they're alright.

Well to be fair before 2018 the US had an entire team dedicated to doing the same thing. Funding got eliminated and then CDC funding also was lowered.

I'm sure a lot of these other countries have organizations in place that are always trying to predict, prevent, and treat yet to be discovered viruses. Most viruses are made up of the same structure, figuring out how they will manifest & impact living organisms and how to treat that is where the work/testing/time for research is spent.

Nice job sliding in a horrible take. Yeah it sucks to be able to drive a jeep around a beautiful island and stop at any white sand beach and be the only one around for miles or grab a drink on a cliff overlooking the ocean or walk to a lighthouse. I'm guessing the locals probably couldn't wait for you to leave.
I've spent vacations in Cozumel and Cancun in the past and I wasn't very impressed with Cozumel. Had a much better time at Cancun. Spent one day going deep sea fishing on a private charter. Caught a 6 1/2 foot barricuda that I fought for several minutes and one of the other guys I was with caught a blue marlin.

Reactions: overseasorange2
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back