Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
What gets me is how contagious it supposedly is, heard on the radio today they said the problem with it is no ones immune system has seen this and it doesn’t know how to fight it off? If that’s right then it’ll spread like a fire
That is what I just told my wife, and because of that it will get around to everybody that is not a total hermit...that is pretty much a certainty. This "social distancing" is only going to slow it down, and I don't believe they are even close to a vaccine that can be used before this runs it's course.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
That is what I just told my wife, and because of that it will get around to everybody that is not a total hermit...that is pretty much a certainty. This "social distancing" is only going to slow it down, and I don't believe they are even close to a vaccine that can be used before this runs it's course.

Slowing it down may be the difference in a bed and ventilator being available when you need it, or not.

What gets me is how contagious it supposedly is, heard on the radio today they said the problem with it is no ones immune system has seen this and it doesn’t know how to fight it off? If that’s right then it’ll spread like a fire

What test do doctors run to determine dementia, my wife is having memory problems and they can't seem to find the problem. Just had a spinal tap done yesterday.

Forms of dementia are both a medical diagnosis and a clinical diagnosis. Basically, your neurologist can do spinal taps to analyze biomarkers which can support a diagnosis of dementia, but more often than not clinicians like neuropsychologists will do cognitive testing and interviews to make a diagnosis. That’s why well over 90% of dementia diagnoses are made from clinical data. If you’re really concerned that dementia is a possibility I would recommend making an appointment with a neuropsychologist. This is a lengthy appointment (3-4hrs) that will consist of an interview and several cognitive tests. I’d be happy to answer more specific questions if I can help.

We are witnessing the end of the world...

giphy.gif

Big concern I have...

If this duds out and really doesn't affect most people, thereby leaving people pissed at a massive overreaction..Then I am concerned that when a REALLY dangerous (to everybody regardless if age) superbug comes along, that the alarm will be ignored, and we will get 1917 Spanish influenza type of kill ratios.

Similar to how people along the southeastern coast stopped taking Hurricanes seriously due to all of the duds after Andrew....2005 came and got people's attention but not before lots of people died when they should have evacuated.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Big concern I have...

If this duds out and really doesn't affect most people, thereby leaving people pissed at a massive overreaction..Then I am concerned that when a REALLY dangerous (to everybody regardless if age) superbug comes along, that the alarm will be ignored, and we will get 1917 Spanish influenza type of kill ratios.
I think this is succeeding as a big enough shock to the system for those in administrative roles. We are so incredibly unprepared in regards to resources if too many people get sick and start filling up hospitals. We need more doctors for starters, but it’s not exactly an easy path. However, the lack of even the most basic test kits is troubling. South Korea has drive through test areas and are testing about 10,000/day.

Big concern I have...

I have been reading about that flu, and there was certainly no under reaction in the US.

Some conspiracy theories say that this was some Chinese chemical warfare gone wrong. If that is true, I wonder if this truly “went wrong” and if our economy tanking wasn’t the ultimate goal 🤔
China is pushing the conspiracy theory that it was a result of the u.s. biological weapon

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back