Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
My question is if it does get a little better during the warmer summer months, is it just going to come back strong (and possibly mutate) in fall and winter? That would be real bad if we don't have a vaccine by then.

I swear to God if college football is canceled I will be livid

University of Tennessee researchers hoping to cure coronavirus
You guys really should give this a read if you haven’t. Kinda made me swell with pride a little bit as well. World’s most powerful supercomputer is right here in Knoxville. Praying for everyone, legitimately and for their families. Be smart, hopeful, and kind to one another til we get out of the woods on this. I believe this is a wake up call for lots of people & how we respond is critical.

My question is if it does get a little better during the warmer summer months, is it just going to come back strong (and possibly mutate) in fall and winter? That would be real bad if we don't have a vaccine by then.

I swear to God if college football is canceled I will be livid

There has already been a mutation. “L” and “S” however, apparently this virus doesn’t mutate too far from its normal function and with modern vaccines they can attack the root of the virus to stop it without having to worry about different mutations. They also found out that you can have both strains of the virus at the same time.

There probably will not be a vaccine until the beginning of next year. That is why they are hoping this thing just runs it’s course. The earliest human testing is April for what they believe to be the vaccine. Then they have to produce it on a large scale and when that happens essential personnel (leaders, health care providers, military, etc) are going to get the vaccine first and then the normal population.

Good news is they have found treatments for COVID-19 patients that have worked without requiring a vaccine. Such as a former Ebola vaccine, remdesivir. Also, they basically just try and boost your immune system and let you fight it off.

So, this current panic is a little ridiculous. The main group that is dying from this are elderly and those with other issues. Otherwise this disease is basically like the flu.

Last edited:
Forms of dementia are both a medical diagnosis and a clinical diagnosis. Basically, your neurologist can do spinal taps to analyze biomarkers which can support a diagnosis of dementia, but more often than not clinicians like neuropsychologists will do cognitive testing and interviews to make a diagnosis. That’s why well over 90% of dementia diagnoses are made from clinical data. If you’re really concerned that dementia is a possibility I would recommend making an appointment with a neuropsychologist. This is a lengthy appointment (3-4hrs) that will consist of an interview and several cognitive tests. I’d be happy to answer more specific questions if I can help.
This helps just concerned because neurologists haven't been able to pinpoint the reason for her memory loss.

Anyone have thoughts on why no news coverage that China has topped out at 80,000 cases for nearly a month?
Something just doesn’t smell right with all of this. The conspiracy theorist in me wants to think there’s something behind the scenes we don’t know about that is creating all of the hysteria.

Anyone have thoughts on why no news coverage that China has topped out at 80,000 cases for nearly a month?
Maybe we should say it, but the explain how the dragaconian measures China took to ensure that it would not be spread also. It would make canceling sports and concerts seem like nothing at all.

Maybe we should say it, but the explain how the dragaconian measures China took to ensure that it would not be spread also. It would make canceling sports and concerts seem like nothing at all.

Did South Korea take same measures? Their numbers are dropping too. This is a legit question. I know some can misconstrue things posted here.

I’m trying to wrap my head around this.

In America, to prevent spread of disease, you cancel large gatherings and parties. In communist China, party cancels you!

What test do doctors run to determine dementia, my wife is having memory problems and they can't seem to find the problem. Just had a spinal tap done yesterday.
Go into your crawlspace and check for moisture issues.. fungus growth. Those spores get into your hvac. take a flashlight and lay it parallel to the floor beams, shining straight at it you wont see unless its bad. Laying it against the beams makes it immediately stand out. If found spray with Timbor or similar.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Did South Korea take same measures? Their numbers are dropping too. This is a legit question. I know some can misconstrue things posted here.

I’m trying to wrap my head around this.

Instead of employing widespread lockdowns of cities or regions like China, and more recently Italy, have done, South Korea is adopting a different model, Kim said, which he described as a "dynamic response system for open democratic societies."

The system stresses transparency while fighting the infection's spread with novel approaches such as drive-through testing stations, of which there are about 50 in the country, and GPS-based tracking for tracing the movements of confirmed cases.

South Korea has also been at the forefront of the global response in terms of screening and testing potential patients. While many countries, including the United States, have struggled to roll out wide-scale testing, South Korea has tested nearly 200,000 people so far, according to the KCDC.

The country is now capable of conducting up to 15,000 tests a day, Kim said, which are administered free of charge. The government is covering costs of testing and treatment and is reimbursing medical facilities for losses incurred by imposed quarantines.

The enormous testing capacity has allowed South Korean officials to identify patients early and minimize harmful effects, the vice minister said.

"Ironically, the large number of confirmed cases in Korea has enabled us to prove our excellent ability to fight the virus," Kim said. "This includes our superb diagnostic testing abilities and thorough epidemiological investigations."

The government has also widely promoted information campaigns on good hygiene and "social distancing," recommending working from home, avoiding large crowds and maintaining physical space from others as much as possible.

Kim said the results have been as effective as more draconian measures such as lockdowns.
South Korea says coronavirus is 'coming under control'

Action. China and South Korea used polar opposite techniques but both took swift and decisive action.

Not as fun as a good political /geopolitical conspiracy theory, but appears effective.

Sadly enough with how little people have been going to that race lately, I’m sure they can’t afford to not have the race. Used to be packed to the brim when I went 10-15 years ago. Now you can practically sit wherever you want.
This is just my opinion, but NASCAR died when Earnhardt did!!!

If anyone had any doubt about the SEC being a professional league, this confirms it :):).

Amid the widespread cancellations of sporting events by the NCAA, SEC and other professional leagues due to the coronavirus outbreak, Tennessee's football team held its second spring practice on Thursday afternoon.

Reactions: ATC_VOL and volatil
That’s awesome. Test over 200,000 early to get ahead of it. We desperately need the tests. Thanks for the info

Amazing work by Seegene, a biotech company in SK. They were focusing on CV 4 days before the 1st case was even reported in SK.
Test kits were out and in usage across the country, free of charge, in an impressive amount of time.

Tbh, I think our media's love of a good pandemic is going to be of benefit here, for a change.

Last edited:
I don't usually have to do that, but I take people to clinics and hospitals all over the state, and then have to ride in an enclosed space with them..sometimes for several hours.
You might want to buy a hazmat suit. Not only would you be safe, you would look cool at the same time :):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back