Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roughly 500,000 people hospitalized so far this flu season thru February (estimates are very loose at this point), nearly 500,000 hospitalized last flu season, and over 800,000 two flu seasons ago beg to differ. Somehow, our hospitals handled it. And somehow there wasn't a play-by-play on each one. I won't even mentioned the number of deaths. The media reaction to this has been interesting. I'll leave it at that.

People always conveniently leave out the number of people who have gotten the flu. I believe it’s a minimum of 20 million this year in the US. The point is that the vaccine helps mitigate the issues with the common flu.

While it has probably been overblown a bit, doctors will even tell you that the fear of the unknown and not having a vaccine is the worrisome part.

Don’t tell me how to live my life, Boomer
tenor.gif

Cant believe the Players is cancelled. Im going to repost this. This virus is really bad and no one should travel. If you know anyone who has tickets to the Masters and are too concerned for their safety to travel....please let me know. I can help them find a good home for them......I will even get rid of them for free.....

I am not a probate attorney and have never stepped foot in a probate court. However, the retirement and/or money market accounts usually designate beneficiaries. Those accounts would pass outside a will because they have named beneficiaries.

I also happen to have accounts with Edward Jones. While it has been impossible to not lose money the last 3 weeks, Edward Jones is a fairly conservative company, and their advisors are usually conservative with accounts for those people toward the end of their lives.

I’m not sure I can give you a whole lot of advice, but hope that helps.
There are 6 beneficiaries in the will...my mom was very thorough about it, and my lawyer baby brother is the executor. I just have not wanted to talk to my sibs about the financial troubles of the last few weeks and what it means for us if you can understand why.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
And as far as when, listen to your gut. My gut told me to liquidate everything 2-3 weeks ago and I didn't listen. If I had I stood the chance of really making some money. I've got a little cash from dividends. I'm watching for the first sign that this virus is subsiding and I'm going to buy quickly. Probably spend it all on Amazon. It won't be many shares with Amazon trading at $1700/share. 😂

Wait for a few more weeks..Amazon should be going down quite a bit more I wouldn't be surprised if down to around 1500 a share.

Same with Disney..under 100 a share now and will probably hit 70-80 at the lowest. Swoop in when that happens.

Trade Desk right now is a good value bet. Digital advertising is a solid play.

If you want to be conservative with long term solid gains, get Berkshire Hathaway B shares.

For solid dividend yields? Get Abbvie, Wells Fargo, Bank of America, Visa. Biotech, low mortgage rates and refinancing with a huge shift towards credit is going to be big in 2020.

Speculative play: Fcell, Plug power, Inovio (corona vaccine and Bill Gates stock) and unity biotech (jeff Bezos stock).

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Roughly 500,000 people hospitalized so far this flu season thru February (estimates are very loose at this point), nearly 500,000 hospitalized last flu season, and over 800,000 two flu seasons ago beg to differ. Somehow, our hospitals handled it. And somehow there wasn't a play-by-play on each one. I won't even mentioned the number of deaths. The media reaction to this has been interesting. I'll leave it at that.

But that could mean they are set to handle 500k flu cases and not the flu and another outbreak? Flu is still active. Also thats 500k cases are over 4-5 months which is why they are attempting to flatten the bell curve in cases with these cancellations instead of seeing spikes like Italy saw. If the flu is still active and coronavirus takes off in the 50+ age group then hospital resources would be stretched. Just my .02

There are 6 beneficiaries in the will...my mom was very thorough about it, and my lawyer baby brother is the executor. I just have not wanted to talk to my sibs about the financial troubles of the last few weeks and what it means for us if you can understand why.

Yes, it’s understandable. But you should get your portion of the value upon probate or upon death (if the accounts pass outside the will). I think you will then get a check and be able to do as you wish with the money. Unfortunately, it’s decreased in the last 3 weeks.

Sorry to hear of the circumstances.

I’m feeling sick. I just flew in an airplane to California and back. I definitely have the virus. It was nice knowing you guys
I flew to California last night for the purpose of going to Disneyland with the wife and kids. 😐 Disneyland is closing but at least there are absolutely no sports to watch. I did get to see some cool Lego sculptures though. Definetly worth it.

Attachments

• 00000IMG_00000_BURST20200312161753138_COVER.jpg
    00000IMG_00000_BURST20200312161753138_COVER.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 27
Big concern I have...

If this duds out and really doesn't affect most people, thereby leaving people pissed at a massive overreaction..Then I am concerned that when a REALLY dangerous (to everybody regardless if age) superbug comes along, that the alarm will be ignored, and we will get 1917 Spanish influenza type of kill ratios.

Big concern I have...

If this duds out and really doesn't affect most people, thereby leaving people pissed at a massive overreaction..Then I am concerned that when a REALLY dangerous (to everybody regardless if age) superbug comes along, that the alarm will be ignored, and we will get 1917 Spanish influenza type of kill ratios.
What gets me is how contagious it supposedly is, heard on the radio today they said the problem with it is no ones immune system has seen this and it doesn’t know how to fight it off? If that’s right then it’ll spread like a fire

I flew to California last night for the purpose of going to Disneyland with the wife and kids. 😐 Disneyland is closing but at least there are absolutely no sports to watch. I did get to see some cool Lego sculptures though. Definetly worth it.

Yikes! What the hell is that called? Lego My Goatse Heart?

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back