Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

I actually agree more people probably have or had it than we know, but they deal with it for 10-14 days thinking it’s a bad cold or light case of the flu and it passes and then they are good.
I'm sure there are. A new virus that very few knew about. No test for. Didn't get any attention until numbers grew in China. At that point it was probably in several countries already.

But coming out with a headline stating that 100,000 people alone in Ohio are carriers seems a bit much at this point seeing as they provide no real reason on how they came up with that. Great at causing fear though.

At this point I wouldn’t be surprised if the real number is close to a million worldwide and the real mortality rate is comparable to the Flu.
What, you mean then, that all this panic is for nothing?

Nah, can't be possible because I've got Toilet Paper!

Reactions: AM64
I'm sure there are. A new virus that very few knew about. No test for. Didn't get any attention until numbers grew in China. At that point it was probably in several countries already.

But coming out with a headline stating that 100,000 people alone in Ohio are carriers seems a bit much at this point seeing as they provide no real reason on how they came up with that. Great at causing fear though.

The tests would have to be somewhat randomized to provide an estimate like that.

They just cancelled schools in Hamilton county for the next two weeks and are voting Monday to move up spring break to make it three weeks.

Also, my dad has been at Erlanger hospital all week and a few hours ago they told my sister that they were discharging him early. she asked how early so we could bring him some clean clothes and they said "Now." and gave her a pair of scrubs.
Atlanta public schools and cobb county are shutting down for at least 3 weeks. That's on top of a couple others closing down.

At this point I wouldn’t be surprised if the real number is close to a million worldwide and the real mortality rate is comparable to the Flu.
The lack of and inaccuracy of testing is why I think people should be a little skeptical of anyone pronouncing hard numbers on the virus today. I definitely believe there are more people out there that have it. It bounced around China for 2 months before it got much attention. They didn't all stay in one spot. How many people have it? I'm not sure anyone can really say accurately.

Reactions: BisonVol
The lack of and inaccuracy of testing is why I think people should be a little skeptical of anyone pronouncing hard numbers on the virus today. I definitely believe there are more people out there that have it. It bounced around China for 2 months before it got much attention. They didn't all stay in one spot. How many people have it? I'm not sure anyone can really say accurately.

I wouldn’t be surprised at the end of this thing it turns out to be just a second flu season.

The chicken Little’s will of course claim that the measures taken saved us all.

Reactions: hog88 and allvol123
I was just thinking I needed to rewatch the Chappelle show for the 100th time.
I would recommend The Godfather Epic for those that have never seen it.

It’s The Godfather I & II spliced in chronological order, plus deleted scenes not in the originals.

It’ll consume about 8 hours of your time.

I’ll agree that if the parent isn’t willing to provide for and shelter their children the children should be removed. I still reject the situation as a reason to enact emotional legislation resulting in more government over reach.
Emotional legislation is responsible for most gov over reach. Patriot act.

I wouldn’t be surprised at the end of this thing it turns out to be just a second flu season.

The chicken Little’s will of course claim that the measures taken saved us all.
Well, the hope would be that mass casualties are averted. Wouldn’t you agree? Wouldn’t that mean it worked?

I would recommend The Godfather Epic for those that have never seen it.

It’s The Godfather I & II spliced in chronological order, plus deleted scenes not in the originals.

It’ll consume about 8 hours of your time.
I've seen it and there are some great deleted scenes involving the Don (Brando) that really add context to the family structure and sheds light on his relationship with his kids. Also, Tom really should have seen the hit on Sonny coming. Carlo was a rat.

Reactions: 85SugarVol
Two of my favorites. If you haven't already you might want to give Breaking Bad a look.

Oh I watched BB probably 30 times.... when the pilot came out and Walt was doing his 50 year old breakfast celebration with the bacon, I had just turned 50 so I was like... hmmm this is interesting lol. Glad the new season of BCS is on now.

Well, the hope would be that mass casualties are averted. Wouldn’t you agree? Wouldn’t that mean it worked?
If you find a black widow in your back yard shed and you burn your shed down and everything in it, but it kills the black widow...........was that the appropriate response? Did it work?

I'm not trying to demean the virus' impact, just there are probably many things you could have done, which also could have worked, and may have had less negative impact.

If you find a black widow in your back yard shed and you burn your shed down and everything in it, but it kills the black widow...........was that the appropriate response? Did it work?

I'm not trying to demean the virus' impact, just there are probably many things you could have done, which also would have worked, and may have had less negative impact.
Is it an invisible black widow?

Reactions: Matt2496

VN Store

Back