Auburn Postgame Thread

Not me

Cant stand losing to the biggest sleazebag who coaches at the most corrupt school in the SEC in the biggest cesspool state in the country.
Cant agree more, but face it the SEC and NCAA has allowed the corruption at the schools - Kentucky, NC, Kansas, Auburn, LSU and the Lists goes on and on. Tennessee has any of the violations remotely close to the ones listed above and they are hit with major punishments. I am tired of losing to these type teams that cheat year after year.

Reactions: savannahfan
Pearl was hammered by the NCAA because of Lane Kiffin. That guy (CLK) was totally out of control and the NCAA was going to nail TN on something. If it was just Bruce doing his sleazy business without Kiffin also thumbing his nose at them, TN could have pinched their nose from Pearl's stench and weathered the punishment.

Pearl was hammered by the NCAA because of Lane Kiffin. That guy (CLK) was totally out of control and the NCAA was going to nail TN on something. If it was just Bruce doing his sleazy business without Kiffin also thumbing his nose at them, TN could have pinched their nose from Pearl's stench and weathered the punishment.

LK banging coeds and sending coeds to bang recruits, amongst other things

BP hosts a BBQ. (He probably was banging coeds too, IMHO)

LK bolted, BP got canned and show-caused cause the NCAA hated LK.

Got to give Auburn credit. We made a run and cut it to 6 pts and they put the hammer down on our home court. They didn’t panic and kept hitting big shots. We played uphill the entire game as no one except Fulkerson played well in the first half. Just a bad matchup for us. Will be interesting how we respond in SEC tournament. Then onto the NIT and an off season development program.

Pearl is the enemy now. He lost his job here because he lied to the NCAA about a damn BBQ party and a recruit. He blew it and was fired because of it. Now I want to beat his a$$ as bad as I want to beat Kentucky.

The past few years is exactly why I didn't want him getting a job in the SEC or Memphis. Because a good portion of our fanbase would use his success to troll their own. Also because he accomplished there what he couldn't here.

I sort of agree with you, but which is it? #1 and #2, or is it #3? I want to believe it is simply #3. We have trouble with their athleticism at every position.

Pearl obviously found a way to have his team up for this game. You have to give him props for that.

We won 2 out of the last 3, and they were all against good teams. Now, we have an extra day or two to rest and prepare. I think we need to win 3 to have a chance, and win the tourney to guarantee it (duh).
Auburn also started 4 very experienced seniors. Plus, we might not have defended well, but sometimes opponents shoot lights out. Doughty shot lights out.

Got to give Auburn credit. We made a run and cut it to 6 pts and they put the hammer down on our home court. They didn’t panic and kept hitting big shots. We played uphill the entire game as no one except Fulkerson played well in the first half. Just a bad matchup for us. Will be interesting how we respond in SEC tournament. Then onto the NIT and an off season development program.

I hope we can win in SECT but with our bench don't see us going past 1 win with back to back games. JJ is OK, ORN has regressed from soso and UP is offseason project. I'm hoping next year we will have someone that can come off the bench and on some games put up 10+ with 4+ rebounds or someone with energy sparkplug like gaines but put up some tangible numbers.

Reactions: cardvolfan
#0 and #10 looked like they wanted to flip off the TBA crowd. Might be a couple of Ramar wanna bees.
Doughty kept getting in Bowden's face after he would hit a 3 while pointing to his "watch" on his wrist. He and McCormick were hot dogs and showed no class towards our players.

Reactions: SmokeyLives
Doughty kept getting in Bowden's face after he would hit a 3 while pointing to his "watch" on his wrist. He and McCormick were hot dogs and showed no class towards our players.

I don't miss having garbage on our roster. Guys like Admiral, Grant, Lamonte, and Jordan make me proud. Fulkerson was reading to Knoxville inner city school kids 6 hours after arriving back from Lexington. Tyler had a gun with the serial number scratched off under his seat.

Last edited:
Auburn is the only team in the SEC that Tennessee cannot match up with on a consistent basis and Doughty was lights out today for Auburn.

Onward to the SEC Tournament.

we definitely do not match up well with AU. It was the same last year, as well. Hope we don't play them again, and they get drubbed in the NCAA. Pearl reminds me of a 6 year old running up and down the sideline and griping about every call,

Yves Pons is a freakish athlete but on defense he freelances around ALOT. He gets his blocks here and there but leaves his man wide open a lot.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
we definitely do not match up well with AU. It was the same last year, as well. Hope we don't play them again, and they get drubbed in the NCAA. Pearl reminds me of a 6 year old running up and down the sideline and griping about every call,

I'd like to see Auburn again because it would be in the SECT final next Sunday.

CBP on the sideline reminds me of a gorilla. Junior more like a monkey.

I used to think karma played a role in UT sports success from my own life. Live right, they do better, bad choices, they get beat. I was proven wrong today lol. My wife and I were out in the community of Lebanon today helping clean after the devastation of the tornadoes while UT was getting beat like a drum by Auburn 😂 Glad I missed this one.

I thought it was a pretty good regular season. Just watching them they sure seemed more like a 14-17 team at very best. They surprised me with some memorable wins that I didn't expect.

Pearl is the enemy now. He lost his job here because he lied to the NCAA about a damn BBQ party and a recruit. He blew it and was fired because of it. Now I want to beat his a$$ as bad as I want to beat Kentucky.

All true but I give credit where credit is due, Pearl has taken 2 different SEC teams from worst to first. That is not easy to do.

I thought it was a pretty good regular season. Just watching them they sure seemed more like a 14-17 team at very best. They surprised me with some memorable wins that I didn't expect.

I'll take a 3rd winning season in a row. It will take some work to match Mears' 15 consecutive winning seasons.

Reactions: Johnnyreb#VFL

VN Store

Back