Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad you are ok...you had the same experience we did in Alabama during the tornado swarm in 2011. We had no damage but just a few hundred feet over got obliterated. That particular tornado ended up hitting Rainsville and Sylvania and killing 30+ people.
I remember that well, they sent us to Rainsville to help get their fiber optics back up, Farmers Telephone Coop. It demolished that place. It humbled me and it was emotional just seeing all of it and what those folks were experiencing.

Last edited:
Po mans PPK, but a very solid CC choice. Haven't fired one for a while. Does it still come with that silly magazine disconnect feature?
Yeah, trigger won't pull unless the mag is in. No idea why that would be desired by manufacturer.

Ideally Missouri wins, Arkansas loses, and Florida drops their last 2

That's the best thing that can happen to us from a SECT seeding situation (oh and us winning Saturday). Arkansas can still fall below Missouri and Florida is realistically the only team ahead of us we could leap frog.

Miss State, South Carolina, & Florida all got 10 wins.

South Carolina plays at Vanderbilt on Saturday (likely a win)
Miss State plays Ole Miss at home on Saturday (likely a win, and they own the head to head)
Florida plays @ Georgia tonight and then host Kentucky on Saturday - perfect world they lose both of these games and are stuck at 10 wins

Missouri plays @ Ole Miss and then at home vs Bama - ideally winning 1 of these games
Arkansas host LSU tonight and then goes to A&M on Saturday - ideally losing both games

I think we can beat most the teams we'd see in the first round as a 7 seed we'll face the 10 seed which currently is a tie between Missouri & Arkansas.

I’ve done all kinds of scenarios but all in all, it’s so hard to say what will happen until after the rest of the games are played tonight. The main thing I’m rooting for is A&M losing tonight or Saturday and UT beating Auburn on Saturday, so we’re guaranteed no worse than a 7 seed. I don’t want to play a motivated Kentucky on Friday in a quarterfinal matchup. I wouldn’t want to see them until a potential championship game. And by then in that scenario, we’re already locked in.

Yeah, trigger won't pull unless the mag is in. No idea why that would be desired by manufacturer.

Pretty sure it's a way of preventing someone who isn't properly educated on firearm safety and press checks like a child, from thinking the weapon is empty because there's no magazine and ignoring the possibility there could be a round chambered.

I’ve done all kinds of scenarios but all in all, it’s so hard to say what will happen until after the rest of the games are played tonight. The main thing I’m rooting for is A&M losing tonight or Saturday and UT beating Auburn on Saturday, so we’re guaranteed no worse than a 7 seed. I don’t want to play a motivated Kentucky on Friday in a quarterfinal matchup. I wouldn’t want to see them until a potential championship game. And by then in that scenario, we’re already locked in.

Yeah, ultimately 6 or 7 seed seems to be the best landing spot for us going into the SECT and I think the easiest way to guarantee we get one of those seeds is just win on Saturday.

Yeah, ultimately 6 or 7 seed seems to be the best landing spot for us going into the SECT and I think the easiest way to guarantee we get one of those seeds is just win on Saturday.

The 6 seed is the absolute best scenario. We’d play the winner of the 11-14 game from the night before (possibly Missouri or Vandy). And we wouldn’t see Kentucky until the championship game.

Right now, I think the 7 seed is the most likely landing spot. Just hoping we don’t get an 8 or 9.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
I'll be in Asheville this weekend, any recommendations for a spot to watch the UT/AU game?
Slim pickings in this town. Breweries/bars are not for sports viewers and the few that do will often show soccer. Listen to me closely lol.

Depends where you are, but I will assume downtown. All these except Bier Garden are in the South Slope. Live there so I'm most familiar with them. I'm sure there are others, but I have a couple of spots which are go-tos:

1) Wild Wings Cafe - Vol fans flood the downtown location during football season. Probably some there for a big bball game too. So many TVs there you can't go wrong. Just outside of downtown is a BWW (Tunnel Road), can't go wrong there either.

2) The Bier Garden - watched UT/UK there last year and it was on all the big screens. Half UT, half UK fans flooding the place. Good food, huge projector screen. Good location in the heart of downtown.

3) Green Man Mansion - think the owner may be a Vol fan. They used to host our UT Alumni viewings.

You may also have luck at a few other breweries around the South Slope - Catawba has quite a few TVs. Twin Leaf has a large projector screen...may or may not have it on.

Places like Wicked Weed, Funkatorium, New Belgium, Urban Orchard, most restaurants will have NO TVs...avoid during ball games.

A quick tip learned from years of dealing with hurricane and flooding relief:

An easy and effective way to help folks affected by the tornados earlier this week is to use amazon to ship critical items (bulk socks, blankets, toiletry items) to the Cookville distribution center at 240 Carlen Dr., Cookville TN, 38501. Just use that address at checkout. Was really effective for us in Louisiana after the flooding in '16. Lots of folks doing a little goes a long way.

Back pocket...if you are a chick.
My dad used to fit his ridiculously overflowing wallet in his back pocket. Never knew how he drove like that. Maybe just an old man thing back then, but I haven't seen a man utilize a back pocket in a long time.

Reactions: bignewt
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back