Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jennings poor testing at the combine is getting way over blown. The only thing the combine could’ve done is help him if he tested far better than the tape shows. He was always going to be a 3rd at best probably a 4-5. He’s still right there.
That and the contrived “character concerns” some quacks are whispering about. Any personnel guy that interviews him and doesn’t want THAT on the team, shouldn’t work in the industry.

That and the contrived “character concerns” some quacks are whispering about. Any personnel guy that interviews him and doesn’t want THAT on the team, shouldn’t work in the industry.
Maybe Brady Hoke is working as someone's scout

Reactions: butchna
Ideally Missouri wins, Arkansas loses, and Florida drops their last 2

That's the best thing that can happen to us from a SECT seeding situation (oh and us winning Saturday). Arkansas can still fall below Missouri and Florida is realistically the only team ahead of us we could leap frog.

Miss State, South Carolina, & Florida all got 10 wins.

South Carolina plays at Vanderbilt on Saturday (likely a win)
Miss State plays Ole Miss at home on Saturday (likely a win, and they own the head to head)
Florida plays @ Georgia tonight and then host Kentucky on Saturday - perfect world they lose both of these games and are stuck at 10 wins

Missouri plays @ Ole Miss and then at home vs Bama - ideally winning 1 of these games
Arkansas host LSU tonight and then goes to A&M on Saturday - ideally losing both games

I think we can beat most the teams we'd see in the first round as a 7 seed we'll face the 10 seed which currently is a tie between Missouri & Arkansas.

Ideally Missouri wins, Arkansas loses, and Florida drops their last 2

That's the best thing that can happen to us from a SECT seeding situation (oh and us winning Saturday). Arkansas can still fall below Missouri and Florida is realistically the only team ahead of us we could leap frog.

Miss State, South Carolina, & Florida all got 10 wins.

South Carolina plays at Vanderbilt on Saturday (likely a win)
Miss State plays Ole Miss at home on Saturday (likely a win, and they own the head to head)
Florida plays @ Georgia tonight and then host Kentucky on Saturday - perfect world they lose both of these games and are stuck at 10 wins

Missouri plays @ Ole Miss and then at home vs Bama - ideally winning 1 of these games
Arkansas host LSU tonight and then goes to A&M on Saturday - ideally losing both games

I think we can beat most the teams we'd see in the first round as a 7 seed we'll face the 10 seed which currently is a tie between Missouri & Arkansas.
good stuff.

but there's a part of me that doesn't even care.

in a season that's had maybe more downs than ups, i take great solace in sweeping Vandy, beating UF, and beating UK at Rupp.

beat Auburn on Saturday...and i would actually call this season a pretty good success, with all things considered.

good stuff.

but there's a part of me that doesn't even care.

in a season that's had maybe more downs than ups, i take great solace in sweeping Vandy, beating UF, and beating UK at Rupp.

beat Auburn on Saturday...and i would actually call this season a pretty good success, with all things considered.

Yeah, I just like the idea that the team still has a shot at the NCAA. I think if they get 20 wins (with who they will have to have beaten to get there) they are in the NCAA without question.

18 wins and I think we're out, but NIT is a lock (might be already at 17 wins). The good news is we know this team can play with anyone. They've proven that, the bad news they still need to play nearly flawless basketball on both sides of the court to win not much margin of error.

We hung 50 on UK in the 2nd half and held them to just 31. Only shot 21 FTs, most coming in the 2nd half. The refs called that game better and Fulkerson goes over 30 just from extra free throws.

New York has banned plastic bags.

Part of me is like, “yay! Earth n stuff.” Another part of me is like, “Gimme a bag and don’t regulate my food transport.”
All of me is like:
raw

New York has banned plastic bags.

Part of me is like, “yay! Earth n stuff.” Another part of me is like, “Gimme a bag and don’t regulate my food transport.”

I recycle all of my plastic bags by turning them into poop bags for my animals. If I lived in NY, I would gather up a years worth of animal crap and deliver it to city hall and thank them for their service.

Yeah, I just like the idea that the team still has a shot at the NCAA. I think if they get 20 wins (with who they will have to have beaten to get there) they are in the NCAA without question.

18 wins and I think we're out, but NIT is a lock (might be already at 17 wins). The good news is we know this team can play with anyone. They've proven that, the bad news they still need to play nearly flawless basketball on both sides of the court to win not much margin of error.

We hung 50 on UK in the 2nd half and held them to just 31. Only shot 21 FTs, most coming in the 2nd half. The refs called that game better and Fulkerson goes over 30 just from extra free throws.
agreed. we played with Kansas and FSU as well. it's the consistency on offense, and the ability to STOP TURNING IT OVER that has hurt is in the big games this season, and some of the not so big games, like atm and @ ARk etc...anyway...yeah....if we can close this thing out with a win Saturday and any w's in the SECT, then you have to think we made a pretty solid case....especially with a couple of bubble teams waning....

i think last night got us in the NIT regardless.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
I recycle all of my plastic bags by turning them into poop bags for my animals. If I lived in NY, I would gather up a years worth of animal crap and deliver it to city hall and thank them for their service.
lol...

you need to be thinking "storage options" for an endeavor like that........................
giphy.gif

So I have a story.

When I lived in Knoxville, I had a beautiful black lab named Boone. I loved that dog. And I scooped his poo and dropped it in large garbage can behind the house. Eventually, it became full of poo and was so disgusting that I couldn't stand to open the lid, and I finally hauled the whole can to the dump. Lesson learned.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
So I have a story.

When I lived in Knoxville, I had a beautiful black lab named Boone. I loved that dog. And I scooped his poo and dropped it in large garbage can behind the house. Eventually, it became full of poo and was so disgusting that I couldn't stand to open the lid, and I finally hauled the whole can to the dump. Lesson learned.

GloomyBrownGrison-size_restricted.gif

So I have a story.

good plan. ready, shoot, aim.....lol.

Let's not forget the BaseVOLS hammered out a 28-2 win...

IT'S GREAT TO BE A TN VOL!!!

All the hand wringing about Coach Harper and the Lady Vols finished 3rd in the SEC in her first year too.
When there’s not a 100 new threads after a game? Good happened. 😎

@Freak you got the Georgia State vs UT game by chance? I know you typically only up the wins, but it's the only game from last season I'm having no luck finding.
I'm trying to be as sensitive as possible, but you may want to see a psychiatrist. You keep asking about this fictional game that never happened...it doesn't exist. Get some help brother.

In transfer news, The Athletic has an article up about Jabril Cox, a 2 time FCS All American from NDSU. He wants to grad transfer for his final season to a Power 5 school. Dude's a versatile linebacker. According to the article, he literally got contacted by half of the FBS teams. He only followed coaches from three schools back: LSU, Bama, and the boys in orange. He could be a killer pickup for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back