'16 AL WR Velus Jones (Transfer)

I like it. Hopefully this means he’s not only fast but a great blocker too.
Isn’t that a good trait for returners? I’ve only had anecdotal evidence because at the HS level you put out the one kid who can actually catch the ball. I know CP and Calloway were built like trucks but Devrin Young was more of a speed guy. Put those two together and a lot of speed with a bowling ball?

Isn’t that a good trait for returners? I’ve only had anecdotal evidence because at the HS level you put out the one kid who can actually catch the ball. I know CP and Calloway were built like trucks but Devrin Young was more of a speed guy. Put those two together and a lot of speed with a bowling ball?
Not an expert, but it doesn't hurt. Vision and anticipation is still tops though, outside of pure speed/agility.

Berry seemed to just be able to see his path to the end zone ahead of time. It was amazing. But I also can remember him bouncing around like a pinball for a TD return once or twice. Abernathy running right with him most times and blocking sure helped too.

I most remember the Western Carolina return:

I dunno what school you went to.

Not an expert, but it doesn't hurt. Vision and anticipation is still tops though, outside of pure speed/agility.

Berry seemed to just be able to see his path to the end zone ahead of time. It was amazing. But I also can remember him bouncing around like a pinball for a TD return once or twice. Abernathy running right with him most times and blocking sure helped too.

despite being a complete and total **** stick.

Butch Jones' Special Teams were always very good.

Reactions: Devo182

He always hit the gap at full speed. Decisive with no hesitation or fear.

Reactions: Devo182

VN Store

Back