Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any vets or just long time dog owners - time to renew the flea meds, suggestion on what works best.. Collars, oral meds or topical (drops)?

Don't usually ask but Google ended with me deciding "people are useless".
Wasted time on 10 different articles titled "which is best" and all did nothing but paste the product descriptions and enjoy the sight of their own typing, as they proceeded to not give a single review or suggestion.
I am both, although I am only an equine vet. I have my dog on Interceptor Plus monthly for heartworm prevention, deworming, etc. He is on Bravecto Plus every 3 months for flea and tick control. This combo works very well, IMO, and is what my small animal vet recommended to me a while ago.

Come on man...now all the success of the team the last couple of years is because of Lanier...riiiiiiggght.

Do not underestimate the value of a good assistant coach. Phil is in the HOF and was a lot better with Cut. Not saying everything has to do with Lanier but it has an impact. 4 guys going pro had a more profound impact and so did Turner's injury. However, losing Lanier didn't help as well.

Come on man...now all the success of the team the last couple of years is because of Lanier...riiiiiiggght.

You jump ahead and assume way too much. What in Lanier is gone equals ALL OUR SUCCESS THE LAST TWO YEARS IS BECAUSE OF HIM and Grant Williams wasn't even mentioned in my post about not having any contribution. I like you but some of the things you pull out of your...........

Tony Romo getting paid more to watch and talk about football than he was getting paid to play football

Report: CBS to retain Romo at $17M annually
Anyone else feel like this is partially telling of how poor the talent pool currently is for broadcasters? The old timers, some have left. Gruden gone. Whitten gone. Boogie stinks. In the past cbs could have thrown 17m at a Gruden or Madden type and stolen someone from another network. There just aren't really many great voices atm.

You jump ahead and assume way too much. What in Lanier is gone equals ALL OUR SUCCESS THE LAST TWO YEARS IS BECAUSE OF HIM and Grant Williams wasn't even mentioned in my post about not having any contribution. I like you but some of the things you pull out of your...........

Here's why this year's basketball team is in a dogfight to stay above 500.

Exactly 5 returning scholarship players from last year, 2 of which got more than 15 minutes a game and one of those was Turner who hasn't played since prior to SEC play. The addition of losing Lanier and then having a total of 7 brand new faces 3 of which weren't playing with the team before January, and 1 in Bailey isn't eligible this season at all has lead to where we are the 2019 class wasn't highly rated either to allow for this season to be a "reload" year.

Serious question, out of the big 4 (Oklahoma being one of them) how many do you guys think we can win this year
All winnable, but going by estimated odds, I have us most likely winning 1 (41%). 32% winning none. 27% winning 2 or more.

These are my guesstimates atm:
OU 33%
UF 30%
UGA 20%
UA 15%

UGA and UA are significiantly higher than recent years. I feel we have a team that can finally line up with these 2 in the trenches to a degree. Both starting new QBs.

Last edited:
Anyone else feel like this is partially telling of how poor the talent pool currently is for broadcasters? The old timers, some have left. Gruden gone. Whitten gone. Boogie stinks. In the past cbs could have thrown 17m at a Gruden or Madden type and stolen someone from another network. There just aren't really many great voices atm.

I'd argue that right now Tony Romo may well be the best out there.

I am both, although I am only an equine vet. I have my dog on Interceptor Plus monthly for heartworm prevention, deworming, etc. He is on Bravecto Plus every 3 months for flea and tick control. This combo works very well, IMO, and is what my small animal vet recommended to me a while ago.
SEND👏ME👏THOSE👏HORSE👏TRANQUILIZERS 👏

Agree we’ve got to have 1 would love to see 2 but I don’t think we’ll do much better than that. Hope to be wrong
Got to? I guess I see why one might feel that way... It would be a good sign off taking that next step and price you're competing at or near that level...

But all four of those teams are currently still better than us.... So I don't see it as an unforgivable sin should we lose.

I'm curious to see if the situation presents itself and how we handle it, a la ou, uf, bama in 2015....

Conversely...I almost think it might be more important to beat the USCe, UK, Mo's of the world... Regardless of how we do against those four. And demolish Arkansas.

One thing's for sure.. We need a better start to the season than last year lol

All winnable, but going by estimated odds, I have us most likely winning 1 (41%). 32% winning none. 27% winning 2 or more.

These are my guesstimates atm:
OU 33%
UF 30%
UGA 20%
UA 15%

UGA and UA are significiantly higher than years past. I feel we have a team that can finally line up with these 2 in the trenches to a degree.
I think OU as well. I’d love for us to get the monkey off our back and beat Florida this year. It’s going to be interesting without a doubt

Got to? I guess I see why one might feel that way... It would be a good sign off taking that next step and price you're competing at or near that level...

But all four of those teams are currently still better than us.... So I don't see it as an unforgivable sin should we lose.

I'm curious to see if the situation presents itself and how we handle it, a la ou, uf, bama in 2015....

Conversely...I almost think it might be more important to beat the USCe, UK, Mo's of the world... Regardless of how we do against those four. And demolish Arkansas.

One thing's for sure.. We need a better start to the season than last year lol
Agree, Probably a poor choice of words there lol. Let me say we need to or would love to win one of those. Pruitts selling rebuilding and playing time to these recruits, we need all the wins we can get

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back