Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m about done with CBB. It’s become a joke of what it used to be. Not just the officiating but the one and dones as well as scandles where known cheating lime will wade is allowed. Fans need to stop watching this crap. Going on vacation and won’t even care that I am missing March Madness. I hope San Diego State or some more name team wins it. Screw Duke and all the cheaters. Cheaters include Titty Valentine and Doug show me a good time patty cake Adams ref man.

Posted this in b ball forum and is how I feel right now about CBB.

When *Fulk switch screens onto Mason Jones* is in the game plan, that’s a bad coaching job.

I see improvement in our young freshman this year, but I also see terrible coaching by Barnes. Next year can’t get here soon enough for this squad.

Reactions: Vols4us
anyone feel like corona is a good chance for some population control? In reality it's only deadly to those over 60

I'm immuno-suppressed because of my liver transplant, so it would probably kill me too. But I'm one of those when it's my time to go it's my time to go people, so I don't tend to worry about that kind of stuff.

So sorry for your loss brother. Glad that your mother is at peace and rid of that horrible disease. Prayers for your family.

InVol, I am very sorry for your loss. I feel that all the VN members that lost a loved one to this horrid disease now have a growing heavenly group that are finally free.

I lost my Mother to Alzheimer’s @ 5 years ago. She survived lung cancer 4 different times, underwent quadruple coronary bypass surgery and was doing well when Alzheimer’s struck. I take solace in the fact (my belief) that she now can walk, talk, and communicate freely again.

Praying for you and your family.

As I was making my 30 mile commute in to work today, it struck at how life does really imitate art. I use the term art loosely, because I am referring to Demolition Man, where Taco Bell is the last restaurant standing. I passed 3 Taco Bells, and 2 shuttered Krystals. Our society sucks....Taco Bell is still open and Krystal is closing stores left and right.

Gods in control, even if some don’t want to accept it.
giphy.gif

Both my parents had or have it now. It places such a toll on the person and their families for years in most cases. I guess I’m a candidate to develop it because there is a link that it will pass from generation to generation.

Drink red wine. Take every supplement that even hints that it prevents Alzheimer’s. Start working puzzles and brain teasers. Anything that is linked to a lowering of the incidence of developing it.

May God be with you.

Drink red wine. Take every supplement that even hints that it prevents Alzheimer’s. Start working puzzles and brain teasers. Anything that is linked to a lowering of the incidence of developing it.

May God be with you.

And exercise. Over and over, I hear of or read studies that recommend some amount of exercise every week. Doesn’t have to be strenuous, but physical activity is very important. Some studies showed that among a group of folks with amyloid deposits - those that exercised regularly were less likely to show signs of cognitive impairment. Dementia Matters is a really good podcast on the issue.

That's crazy fast for a beginner. Do you have it in your genes or sort of tall?
No, i've been "running" for a while, but never very fast. I've just really increased my pace over the last 6-12 months. But I've never been a runner, and never really competed, so I just don't know what my expectations should be as I improve. I always dreaded running in the past. Now I kind of look forward to it. very weird.

No, i've been "running" for a while, but never very fast. I've just really increased my pace over the last 6-12 months. But I've never been a runner, and never really competed, so I just don't know what my expectations should be as I improve. I always dreaded running in the past. Now I kind of look forward to it. very weird.
Practice. Gotta get your running muscles up, bra.

Never was a competitive runner, but, found trail running....as in....on the AT.

The world of interwebs has connected lots of new people to the sport. Looking at a 6mi run/hike to support local State Park in Erwin.

You ran a 5K last night? 🧐
I've been getting 4-6 miles in on the treadmill 5-6 times a week for the last 6 months or so. Had a calf strain at one point that made me shift to walking, used a 6% grade to help keep the calorie burn high. All part of my efforts to shed about 35 lbs, but now I'm enjoying running a lot more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back