Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barnes wasted a scholarship on a 7 footer who couldn’t walk the line if Jonny cash asked him too.instead he should have got someone to run this BS offense...over paid coach in my opinion.we got Fluked.

Granted, this hasn’t been a good coaching year by Barnes.

But my guess is these sorts of posts won’t age well. We’ll see, I suppose.

@WarMachine
If you’re on the treadmill or outside try the Swedish Fartlek training (intervals of fast and slow on the same distance run)
Treadmill: if you are running at 8.3 mph on the treadmill for a 22:30 5k try going to 8.5 mph for the 1st 1/4 mile then slow down then speed up, rinse and repeat and eventually you will be able to run at 8.5 for longer. If you’re feeling great mix in a 9mph because ultimately you’ll need to be around 9.2 to be just below a 20min 5k.
Works the same outside but just pick landmarks to run faster to then back to normal pace. You can also mix in 10k’s and 1 mile runs for endurance / speed.
Good luck!

Granted, this hasn’t been a good coaching year by Barnes.

But my guess is these sorts of posts won’t age well. We’ll see, I suppose.

I actually like the way the roster is shaping up for next year. Barnes’ players consistently show improvement year to year. There’s a lot of young guys with ability. We only lose Bowden, I think. I kinda expect to see a sweet 16 team next year.

I actually like the way the roster is shaping up for next year. Barnes’ players consistently show improvement year to year. There’s a lot of young guys with ability. We only lose Bowden, I think. I kinda expect to see a sweet 16 team next year.

Yeah, that’s what I mean. I have a tough time getting upset about this season, because it’s clear to me that the overall trajectory of the program is headed upward.

Like I said, I don’t think this was Rick’s best year coaching here, but getting bent out of shape over it just seems like wasted energy, considering that next year looks so promising.

Edit: Also, writing off Uros after this season is a mistake. If there’s anything Rick has demonstrated while he’s been here, he can take projects and develop them into quality ball players.

The Vols won't win another game this year. I said early, after Turner was done that I wasn't looking at the win loss record but I expected to the team to improve. With Barnes I totally expected it. They've regressed. Not saying Barnes should be in trouble but I'm disappointed. They are worse today than they were two months ago and that's coaching. Barnes owns some of the blame for this abomination of a basketball season.

Reactions: Jimmy Football
The Vols won't win another game this year. I said early, after Turner was done that I wasn't looking at the win loss record but I expected to the team to improve. With Barnes I totally expected it. They've regressed. Not saying Barnes should be in trouble but I'm disappointed. They are worse today than they were two months ago and that's coaching. Barnes owns some of the blame for this abomination of a basketball season.

They’ve either regressed or the backloaded SEC schedule has just made it seem that way. Either way, they certainly haven’t improved any.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back