Gun control debate (merged)

One took courage, one didn't.
One was for self, one was for political agenda.
Showing up in front of a crowd, and the government, doesnt take bravery? Especially from an 11/9 yo. I would have been nervous as all get out. Both did that.

And arent you always arguing that carrying a gun makes you a target? She showed direct bravery in facing something you believe is a real threat.

What did the boy face? His parents already knew, we dont stone or through gay people off of roofs. He was at an event sponsored by a gay man running for president. There is little chance of him facing any ridicule for actions. And being nine I am in the group that thinks he doesnt know what he is yet. Straight or gay.

At worst the kid gets ostracized, at worst the girl gets shot. Neither is good or likely, one is clearly worse.

The state legislatures had to OK this beforehand unless you can just open carry in court in Idaho.
I know its own carry. Not sure how government buildings are treated. I have a hard time believing they made an exception for this one girl.

From what I read the legislation is about respecting conceal carry permits from other states and there is only one R and three Ds on this committee. So I again I doubt there was an exception.

I love how you people always call guns "inanimate objects" to try to reduce or lessen the danger of them. So silly. Also, as I always say, I find it funny how the gun nuts try to paint people who want sensible gun legislation as weak or scared when you are the ones who feel the need to carry a gun everywhere because the Taliban or some evil Mexican could be lurking around every corner ready to take you out. Must suck to live life like that.
Do your guy friends know you sit to pee?

I would want to know the level of involvement from the kid(s). Did they suggest going with the parents, was it their idea to bring a gun/come out? Were they pressured.

If the first two are yes, and the last is no, I see nothing wrong with it. Kids getting involved at an early age is fine with me, still cant vote but they can be heard or seen. Hopefully in both cases the parents sat down and talked thru the pros and cons.

At 9 the one kid doesn't know if he is gay or not. And however old the girl with the gun is she didn't come up with this on her own. How many prepubescent kids do you know that give two Alabama's about politics?

Both were stunts orchestrated by adults.

At 9 the only thing I knew my dingy was for was to pee, the thought of who I wanted to stick it in hadn't even crossed my mind.
This stuff and the preteens saying they’re trans concerns me. My guess is if you removed them from the home and put them in a clinical setting their “condition” would magically change. There are some seriously f’d up parents in the world.

This stuff and the preteens saying they’re trans concerns me. My guess is if you removed them from the home and put them in a clinical setting their “condition” would magically change. There are some seriously f’d up parents in the world.

Absolutely agree.

There it is. The age old argument to just do nothing because sensible gun legislation would be too difficult.
Apparently "responsible" gun owners parade their 11 year old grandchildren around in public carrying weapons they are not legally able to own.

Reactions: bnhunt
There are alot of so-called experts on this issue on this hoard.
Well considering I’ve studied law, been in law enforcement to see the practical effects of how gun laws work, understand the Constitution pretty well, and am a firearms instructor, I’m pretty sure I clearly am an expert on this issue

There it is. The age old argument to just do nothing because sensible gun legislation would be too difficult.
And there it is from your side, thinking more gun laws will stop criminals. Common sense man, more laws will not ever stop a criminal. They already don't obey the ones we have, how does the educated side not understand this?

I know its own carry. Not sure how government buildings are treated. I have a hard time believing they made an exception for this one girl.

From what I read the legislation is about respecting conceal carry permits from other states and there is only one R and three Ds on this committee. So I again I doubt there was an exception.

What does an 11 year old girl open carrying have to do with this legislation?

Reactions: bnhunt

VN Store

Back