Gun control debate (merged)

Not an insult it’s truth. You sound emotionally afraid of inanimate objects. My daughter would think you were weird
I love how you people always call guns "inanimate objects" to try to reduce or lessen the danger of them. So silly. Also, as I always say, I find it funny how the gun nuts try to paint people who want sensible gun legislation as weak or scared when you are the ones who feel the need to carry a gun everywhere because the Taliban or some evil Mexican could be lurking around every corner ready to take you out. Must suck to live life like that.

Reactions: Mick
I love how you people always call guns "inanimate objects" to try to reduce or lessen the danger of them. So silly. Also, as I always say, I find it funny how the gun nuts try to paint people who want sensible gun legislation as weak or scared when you are the ones who feel the need to carry a gun everywhere because the Taliban or some evil Mexican could be lurking around every corner ready to take you out. Must suck to live life like that.

On the flip side , it must suck to live in fear of everyone because they may have a firearm and cause you harm . I’ve never felt that way even though I live in an open carry state , where I see firearms everywhere .

I want to make cars as safe as possible for children also. There's a reason why children are required to be in certain car seats until certain ages now. The government has imposed certain restrictions to better protect its people while in vehicles just like it should with guns.

That phrase is one of the most frightening turn of words on the planet.

It’s our government, we are not it’s people.

We already have more than sensible gun legislation so anyone wanting to go beyond that simply wants to further infringe on the 2nd amendment.

@bnhunt if you were serious about reducing the number of kids hurt/killed by guns you would be advocating for the return of hunter safety and firearms familiarization to all schools. Kids that understand what guns can do, understand how to handle them safely and respect them are 100x more unlikely to accidentally shoot their buddy playing with a gun.

No amount of “sensible“ gun legislation is going to stop the criminal element.

No actually I’ve spent most of my career in law enforcement and police realize the importance of defending yourselves and your family. It’s not fear, it’s being prepared just like having a fire extinguisher in the house isn’t being afraid of a fire. You are scared, you act like a gun is going to jump up and shoot someone, when in reality there are people carrying guns everywhere you and your children go every day. And yet you’ve never been shot. I don’t know what Taliban or Mexicans have to do with it, but you seem kind of racist

No actually I’ve spent most of my career in law enforcement and police realize the importance of defending yourselves and your family. It’s not fear, it’s being prepared just like having a fire extinguisher in the house isn’t being afraid of a fire. You are scared, you act like a gun is going to jump up and shoot someone, when in reality there are people carrying guns everywhere you and your children go every day. And yet you’ve never been shot. I don’t know what Taliban or Mexicans have to do with it, but you seem kind of racist
I'm racist? Lol. Who did you vote for in 2016? I bet it was the guy who called all Mexicans rapists and murderers.

I would argue that there are alot more restrictions on cars; alot more.
Only if you count all the things that dont make them safer. Also a gun is hand held, a car not so much. So there is a scale factor which I am sure you also weren't taking into account.

Gun advocate here.

I dont carry. Even though I have faced an attempted mugging.

Does it being an inanimate object make it more dangerous somehow? I would argue no. Its inanimate. It is completely neutral. It literally cant be anything but. If you dont understand that simple fact I question your outlook on reality.

A lot of them it actually does and if they are pulled over guess what happens ... they are arrested.

Does not prevent the perp from perping..........that is the point. People, and especially those that could give a flying f*** about anything other than the decision they make is the problem, can't regulate that.

Drugs, money, gangs and the ever popular "respect", are the issues with the majority of gun deaths.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
I'm racist? Lol. Who did you vote for in 2016? I bet it was the guy who called all Mexicans rapists and murderers.
I didn’t vote in 2016 because I didn’t like either candidate. And why else are you bringing up Muslims and Mexicans in a discussion about gun ownership?

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Wonder why Tennessee has so many people with 10 or more DUIs? Care to guess?
An illegal with a driver license and no insurance driving drunk seems to be a common occurrence in these parts yet the gov’t still hands the licenses out like candy. Taking away the license after an infraction doesn’t even phase them.

An illegal with a driver license and no insurance driving drunk seems to be a common occurrence in these parts yet the gov’t still hands the licenses out like candy. Taking away the license after an infraction doesn’t even phase them.
Because taking a piece of plastic away from someone does not remove the ability or will to drive a car. The same way a sign that says no guns allowed stops anyone from bringing guns there.

VN Store

Back