The Official Tennessee @ #13 Auburn Game Thread, 12:00 PM ET, CBS

The last one was a tie up imo, should have been our ball
The sad part is , it never should have come down to any of this. 2 games in a row where they let it get away. This one sucks worse because your up by 17 and let them go on a 18-0 run.

James has two really costly turnovers down the stretch. Hate that he hasn’t been able to get it together. I’m sure all the missed playing time didn’t help.

Reactions: gainesvol82
Let's see. We have the nicest arena in the SEC by a wide margin. We have an amazing practice facility. We are top 5 in the nation in basketball attendance. We pay a top 5 in the nation rate for the coach. The only metric where we aren't a basketball school is winning in the NCAA tournament.
They blew up Rupp Arena? News to me.

We don’t fill the arena unless we are ranked #1 in the country or we’re playing Kentucky or Memphis. Having a big building doesn’t really matter unless you actually fill it. Duke has less than half the capacity of TBA and they’re 10x louder. It’s also hard to be a basketball school when your all time win percentage as a program is barely north of 60%.

Reactions: VolFreakJosh
When he’s on the bench he had a puss on his face. Let him transfer. I’m sure Roane State would love to have him
Dumb post by both of you. He is struggling yes. But I look forward to watching his growth over the years. One day he will win some big games for us .

When we get a performance like that from him and lose like that it tells me we’re basically hopeless
It sucks because I can think of a handful of games we win if he knocks down a couple more shots. He explodes today and we have too many other issues to overcome. That’s the way it goes I guess.

Clearly what is risky is to leave him on the bench while your team completely melts down. Sticking by these foul/time rules no matter what is happening on the floor is dumb
This 100 times over. Everyone knew Auburn would go on a run at some point and if UT didn’t respond then Auburn would win. Better to have SV foul out with 6 minutes left vs sitting him and blowing a 17 point lead so quickly. CRB really blew it. Should have used a couple of TO’s also. Anything possible to stop the huge momentum swing.

Reactions: golfballs
Let's see. We have the nicest arena in the SEC by a wide margin. We have an amazing practice facility. We are top 5 in the nation in basketball attendance. We pay a top 5 in the nation rate for the coach. The only metric where we aren't a basketball school is winning in the NCAA tournament.

I saw your post a week or so ago. The problem with our basketball program is that we don’t have consistent talent within 3 hours away, and we aren’t a blue blood. It’s simply geography.

The reason why a place like Memphis has made FF’s is being of access to talent. They made a FF in 1972 because of local talent.

East TN does not have great basketball, and a place like UT has to pull prospects out of Atlanta, NC, and now Nashville is getting better.

ON didnt even play in the 2nd half when Fulkerson was turning the ball over and missing inside shots. Why not at least attempt to put him in and calm Fulky down?

Gaines while having 4 fouls didnt play much at the end of the game, while JJJ never went out of the game. Jalen or Gaines should have been in over JJJ, just bad coaching.

Bowden had an excellent game and hard to even say anything bad about his peformance. But for about 4 or 5 trips just stood over in the corner when the game was on the line. When its go time he just seems to disappear, although that dunk was sick.

Just super frustrating watching this team collapse like it did. As we all know 24 TO is beyond ridiculous. I only see those numbers on the womens side.

All these heart breaking losses are tough to take, but next year this team should be an exciting team to watch. A stud class, 3 seniors(2 being 5 year players), and 6 sophomores with already lots of experience going into next season. The last 2 seasons have spoiled us, even after this bad loss UT should be elite top 10 next season. Lets hope UT baseball can keep up the hot start.

Dumb post by both of you. He is struggling yes. But I look forward to watching his growth over the years. One day he will win some big games for us .
there is no proof at all that he is capable of winning any game for Tn , now or in the future

Nah man, they just blew a 17-point second-half lead. Response is totally justified.

It doesn’t run my life, and the last two years were the most fun to watch than since Bruce left. We have a lot of football fans that aren’t big basketball fans, and some think we should succeed just the same.

They blew up Rupp Arena? News to me.

We don’t fill the arena unless we are ranked #1 in the country or we’re playing Kentucky or Memphis. Having a big building doesn’t really matter unless you actually fill it. Duke has less than half the capacity of TBA and they’re 10x louder. It’s also hard to be a basketball school when your all time win percentage as a program is barely north of 60%.

You've never been to Rupp arena have you? It's a crap hole that even Kentucky fans hate. We were 4th in the nation in attendance last year and are rarely, even in bad years, outside the top 15. Hell, I question you've even been to TBA if you think our basketball fans aren't loud and don't show up if we aren't ranked #1.

I saw your post a week or so ago. The problem with our basketball program is that we don’t have consistent talent within 3 hours away, and we aren’t a blue blood. It’s simply geography.

The reason why a place like Memphis has made FF’s is being of access to talent. They made a FF in 1972 because of local talent.

East TN does not have great basketball, and a place like UT has to pull prospects out of Atlanta, NC, and now Nashville is getting better.
And we share state borders with the 3 biggest blue bloods. So when we do have good players in state, we have to fend them off.

VN Store

Back