The Golf Thread

No, he’s not. And not once did I say he should have called him out mid round. I said after the round to Slugger White.

Do you really think White wasn’t already aware of Reed’s propensity to fudge the rules? They should’ve been watching him from the start.

Yep. You’re right. PGA Professional, private instructor to other tour players, and an ambassador to the game should have kept his mouth shut and played stupid. Seriously?

Yep. You’re right. PGA Professional, private instructor to other tour players, and an ambassador to the game should have kept his mouth shut and played stupid. Seriously?

I mean he implied he was cheating during a broadcast. He also addressed that the broadcaster is not supposed to be part of the story. One set of ethics, his own, over another, Reed’s.

Kostis, who spoke on the "No Laying Up" podcast, said it was part of an unwritten rule to not call a penalty on a player.
"But we could comment if a penalty was called," he said. "That's the difference between reporting on a story and being a part of a story, right? I've seen Patrick Reed improve his lie up close and personal four times now. ... You can go on YouTube. It's the only time I've ever shut [commentator Gary] McCord up, he didn't know what to say when I said, 'The lie that I saw originally wouldn't have allowed for this shot.'

I mean he implied he was cheating during a broadcast. He also addressed that the broadcaster is not supposed to be part of the story. One set of ethics, his own, over another, Reed’s.
I just posted above that he said he questioned it on air. I didn’t remember him doing that. He still should have gone to an official after the round.

All he needed to do was speak to Slugger White in private and say to keep an eye on him. Very simple and would not have been made public.
It needs to be public. Let’s just say, I know some folks at UGA and at Augusta State.

Hes 73. I think he just doesn’t care.
There is some validity to that statement. I am 70, and when you reach a certain age, you have a tendency to say what's on your mind. Probably the reason that I am always on the leaderboard of most posts removed.

Last edited:
There is some validity to that statement. I am 70, and when you reach a certain age, you have a tendency to say what's on your mind. Probably the reason that I am always on the leaderboard of most posts removed.
Lol... I have on occasion assumed that was the case.

Reactions: 1972 Grad

VN Store

Back