Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your all morans...

source.gif

Ricky B wasn't happy. Don't know if there is a leader among the players to take the reins like JJ did for the football team. Need one to step up before next season.
This team has no chemistry and it shows at the end of every game. I doubt they get any better than they are right now. Hopefully, the studs coming in next year have the ability to play as a team.

That's one great big can of worms they're gonna open
To be fair, it is already allowed for every other sport but football and basketball. They are literally singled out and excluded under the ncaa bylaws for the current 1 time exception.

Now, will transfers in these 2 sports be more chaotic than other sports? To be seen, but what they should already have is a decent sense of what occurs under this rule, across most sports.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sleegro
This team has no chemistry and it shows at the end of every game. I doubt they get any better than they are right now. Hopefully, the studs coming in next year have the ability to play as a team.
To be expected, I guess. Half the team is working by the metric system. Tough to get plays down across various measurement systems.

Willis and gatewood had a combined 69 yards passing before nix arrived. Sorry I didn't specify returning upperclassmen with more than mop up duty experience. Figured that was somewhat implied. Though I do love a good semantics debate. That is what I meant. We have at least 2 QBs on the roster with more game experience and pass attempts than any of the 4 QBs mentioned had to compete with. Jt, Jayden, nix or Howell. If bailey does it, great. I'm just saying it should not be a surprise if he doesn't because it is rare. Regardless of the perceived talent difference between the experienced returning qb and the true freshman.
Willis backed up Stidham, and Gatewood redshirted. Fields threw 39 backing up Fromm...if he hadn’t transferred, would that’ve made him a scrub? So when Bailey wins the starting job this season it will be super, extra special for you!

Reactions: VOLSONLY
So when Bailey wins the starting job this season it will be super, extra special for you!
Not at all. This whole debate started because someone was wondering why an ESPN article predicting breakout players this year didn't mention Bailey. I was providing evidence of why they would probably avoid such a bold prediction. I never said it wouldn't happen. I expect improved qb play regardless of who starts so I will be happy if Bailey wins the job because I think that means he beat out some other good options with more experience. But I get that even alluding to jg winning the job can be considered a hot take and invite emotional responses. I do hope this season will be super extra special though.

To be expected, I guess. Half the team is working by the metric system. Tough to get plays down across various measurement systems.
I think we need to mix in a few more right handers. This is a left handed team and it needs to be balanced out with a few righties. Can't hurt :):)

Reactions: Devo182
Not at all. This whole debate started because someone was wondering why an ESPN article predicting breakout players this year didn't mention Bailey. I was providing evidence of why they would probably avoid such a bold prediction. I never said it wouldn't happen. I expect improved qb play regardless of who starts so I will be happy if Bailey wins the job because I think that means he beat out some other good options with more experience. But I get that even alluding to jg winning the job can be considered a hot take and invite emotional responses. I do hope this season will be super extra special though.
I don’t have a JG issue...that’s the other guy. JMHO that Bailey ends up the starter because he’s more talented and that it won’t be a monumental achievement when he does. Appreciate the extra sarcasm since we don’t generally disagree...we should enjoy this. 😎

I don’t have a JG issue...that’s the other guy. JMHO that Bailey ends up the starter because he’s more talented and that it won’t be a monumental achievement when he does. Appreciate the extra sarcasm since we don’t generally disagree...we should enjoy this. 😎
Always fun.

Reactions: butchna
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back