'20 IL OG Javontez Spraggins (UT SIGNEE)

“His team came here as a 7-on-7 team, and he was the snapper,” Martin said of Spraggins, one of three interior linemen who signed with Tennessee on the first day of the Early Signing Period. “He was the center, but it’s 7-on-7, so you’re like, ‘Who’s this big guy snapping the ball?’ “And we pulled him over to the side and took him through a private workout, and this guy impressed everyone — his size, his speed, quickness, and very, very strong. He put his hands on one of our coaches and almost knocked him down.”

“He’ll be an interior lineman for us,” said Martin, who served as Spraggins’ area recruiter for Tennessee. “Football intellect is what we all talk about. When you talk football with this young man, his football intellect shows up right away. Great program, state champion — looking forward to having him here.”

Martin said the Vols have been particularly impressed by “his size-speed ratio for an interior lineman,” and they believe his athleticism will add to their offense. “And what we like to do: We like to run the outside zone. We like to pull our guards and things of that nature,” Martin said. “He’ll be great on the perimeter — screens, things of that nature — so we’re just excited about that skill set with a man that big.

“Happy that he’s wearing the orange and white.”
Tennessee head coach Jeremy Pruitt said Spraggins was “another guy that was part of a state championship team” at East St. Louis, one of several past state champions in the Vols’ 2020 class.

Pruitt said Spraggins is “a guy that’s extremely athletic, has really good balance and body control,” and he pointed out on Early Signing Day that Spraggins was “probably as excited about having a chance to continue his football career in college as anybody I’ve ever been a part of in recruiting.”

At the time, Pruitt added that Spraggins had “already been calling today, wanting to get the playbook, wanting to get the next workout.”
“A guy that’s just hungry, ready to get here,” Pruitt said.

247Sports’ director of recruiting Barton Simmons recognized Spraggins...with one of his SEC superlatives during the 247Sports Signing Day Show, calling him the “meanest offensive lineman” among SEC signees. “I think Javontez Spraggins is awesome in terms of what he does at the point of attack — just nasty,” Simmons said.

247Sports’ director of recruiting Barton Simmons recognized Spraggins...with one of his SEC superlatives during the 247Sports Signing Day Show, calling him the “meanest offensive lineman” among SEC signees. “I think Javontez Spraggins is awesome in terms of what he does at the point of attack — just nasty,” Simmons said.
Oh yea... 😎👍

247sports says he is #948 nationally. I don't think that will get you in the top ten class.
source.gif

“This means that...that means this. I read...recruiting”. “I don’t know why the coaches don’t just go sign that guy that those other guys said was good now. Then we’d be gooder!”

Reactions: FïreBall
This is the type of interior OL that dominates his man wiping out of the play and then takes on second on second level defenders opening big running lanes.

I also don't see him giving up a lot of of interior pass rush. Gonna be a big asset for Bailey and Gray.

If we could sign all of them, yes. But UGA and Clemson already did it. So we’re not ever going to be even gooder...until they stop doing that. At least I read that on 247.
Clemson and Georgia evaluate very well, we have to find a few hidden jewels that fell through the process. Think we we're out coaching Georgia but with all the changes we'll have to wait and see.

This kid needs a year in the weight room but after that watch out. I absolutely love him.If he can stay healthy he will have a great career here and possibly longer.You can not teach the will to dominate your opponent that he has. I am very excited to see him progress.

VN Store

Back