Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hehe. We are somewhat unique.
Others separate and fight but it's almost always for resources to survive.
Times of plenty produces a relative peace. Not us tho, we're creative enough to find all new reasons.
Boom. But preferably not

With, without, and who'll deny it's what the fighting's all about.

late to the convo, but maybe some of you science minded folk can explain ...

If time/the experience or observation of time is relative to the speed you are traveling, and it slows as you approach the speed of light...

For a photon of light shooting out from a star 15 million of light years away from the earth, would it seem to that photon as if it arrived to the earth almost instantaneously? Because, you know, it’s going the speed of light.

I realize that, to a human time keeper on earth, it took 15 million years of earth-measured time for that star’s photon to get to us. But I would think, from the photon’s perspective that it would seem much shorter, if not instantaneous.

Sto already talked about this, but as you approach the speed of light, time slows for you, but only relative to those not traveling the speed you are. To you, time seems to move as normal, but everything outside your reference frame (everything traveling with you in this case) would seem to be moving faster in time (if you had a way to observe them).

Since we can't accelerate matter to the speed of light (it would take infinity energy), it's not really a thing that needs to be answered for a person. And I'm not into the feelings of photons like Sto. :)

I have only baked or grilled my fish. Healthier that way. I don't know how one could cook fish in an instant pot. I feel like it would come out like an oatmeal and from it sounds it did with you.

I made the curry then added the fish into the pot on Sauté mode for about 4 minutes of simmering and it was still a fail. Like you said... that’s the last time I try fish in there

Reactions: zhangliao04
I made the curry then added the fish into the pot on Sauté mode for about 4 minutes of simmering and it was still a fail. Like you said... that’s the last time I try fish in there
Tomorrow is my birthday....

5orqLqyaFnzXofLPvFSSDrpy8KN9Km.gif

Do you have a good recipe?
It's very easy but you need to do it outside. It really smokes. If you have a side burner on your grill it will work perfectly. You have to trust the process because you think you're burning it.

We use a blackening spice. Kroger has a store brand version that's not bad but I like Emeril's best. You can get it at Kroger too. It's very easy to do, and quick.

You need some good filets. We typically buy the frozen Mahi filets from Sam's club. They need to be at room temperature when you do this. Melt a stick of butter in the microwave. Don't get it real hot just enough to liquify it. Then go put your iron skillet on the burner on high. You can't get it too hot. I mean you don't want it red hot but if you start it while you're prepping the fish it will be good and hot by the time you're ready to put it on. Now, dip the filets in the butter completely coating them. Then liberally cover the filets in the seasoning all over. The butter will help it stick. As soon as your ready to put the filets on, get your phone and set a timer for two minutes. Place the filets in the skillet and start your timer. It may actually flame up a bit but don't worry it will go out. It will be smoking so much you won't be able to see the fish for a few seconds. After two minutes turn the fish with a long handle spatula. Cook it on this side for another two minutes. If your skillet is hot enough it won't stick. We serve it on tortillas for fish tacos. I make up a chili lime dressing for it and serve it with shredded cabbage and cheese, tomatoes or whatever toppings you like. You can use other fish as well. We've used talapia and it's good as well. You may have to adjust your time slightly for thinner filets. Those mahi filets from Sam's are about 3/4" thick and two minutes is perfect. We've done chicken too but it takes about another minute for a chicken breast.

Last edited:
if you were riding on a photon at the first scattering, the light created after the big bang, to you it would seem like no time has passed at all, it would just stop

the hot plasma at the big bang annihilated photons and quarks and all other matter as it was created, in about 300,000 years it expanded and cooled enough to go thru a phase transition similar to water and ice, or steam to water

those first photons have a predicted temperature of 2.7 kelvin, which was found to be true from studying the cosmic microwave background

those relics spreading out over the universe feel no time at all, thats the amazing thing about light... its special like no other particle
Sto already talked about this, but as you approach the speed of light, time slows for you, but only relative to those not traveling the speed you are. To you, time seems to move as normal, but everything outside your reference frame (everything traveling with you in this case) would seem to be moving faster in time (if you had a way to observe them).

Since we can't accelerate matter to the speed of light (it would take infinity energy), it's not really a thing that needs to be answered for a person. And I'm not into the feelings of photons like Sto. :)

Now see, this is how it should be done. Nothing new in either post to anyone interested in the subject, but I still enjoyed reading both.
It's all about delivery. Never thought I would see a primetime series but Discovery and their group of astrophysicists and astronomers on How the Universe Works, made it work. Especially using Mike Rowe.
Presentation should never be an attempt to show off, it should be enjoyable.

It's very easy but you need to do it outside. It really smokes. If you have a side burner on your grill it will work perfectly. You have to trust the process because you think you're burning it.

We use a blackening spice. Kroger has a store brand version that's not bad but I like Emeril's best. You can get it at Kroger too. It's very easy to do, and quick.

You need some good filets. We typically buy the frozen Mahi filets from Sam's club. They need to be at room temperature when you do this. Melt a stick of butter in the microwave. Don't get it real hot just enough to liquify it. Then go put your iron skillet on the burner on high. You can't get it too hot. I mean you don't want it red hot but if you start it while you're prepping the fish it will be good and hot by the time you're ready to put it on. Now, dip the filets in the butter completely coating them. Then liberally cover the filets in the seasoning all over. The butter will help it stick. As soon as your ready to put the filets on, get your phone and set a timer for two minutes. Place the filets in the skillet and start your timer. It may actually flame up a bit but don't worry it will go out. It will be smoking so much you won't be able to see the fish for a few seconds. After two minutes turn the fish with a long handle spatula. Cook it on this side for another two minutes. If your skillet is hot enough it won't stick. We serve it on tortillas for fish tacos. I make up a chili lime dressing for it and serve it with shredded cabbage and cheese, tomatoes or whatever toppings you like. You can use other fish as well. We've used talapia and it's good as well. You may have to adjust your time slightly for thinner filets. Those mahi filets from Sam's are about 3/4" thick and two minutes is perfect. We've done chicken too but it takes about another minute for a chicken breast.

Did you get through your Colonoscopy?

Ever use oil vs butter?

I would go buy some fish at Fresh Market and get there cajun spice in there spice rack section. Cooking it, I would rub the spice on both sides, make a boat out of aluminum foil and place the fish in it with a small piece of ice to keep it moist while baking. I open it up the last few mins to let the spice really cook in.

Thanks!!!

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back