Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not only have our signals not traveled far by even galactic standards, they have to deal with the inverse square law. In other words, as the signal radiates out, it weakens relative to the amount of space it's now "occupying." We've sent out tight beam transmissions, but even those have to deal with the same thing over the huge distances it will traverse.

Space is big.

And even if there are other civilizations, we have to coexist temporally to communicate. So, not only do we have the distance factor, we have to think about how long a communication-capable civilization will survive.

Time is short.
late to the convo, but maybe some of you science minded folk can explain ...

If time/the experience or observation of time is relative to the speed you are traveling, and it slows as you approach the speed of light...

For a photon of light shooting out from a star 15 million of light years away from the earth, would it seem to that photon as if it arrived to the earth almost instantaneously? Because, you know, it’s going the speed of light.

I realize that, to a human time keeper on earth, it took 15 million years of earth-measured time for that star’s photon to get to us. But I would think, from the photon’s perspective that it would seem much shorter, if not instantaneous.

Reactions: StoVol

If time/the experience or observation of time is relative to the speed you are traveling, and it slows as you approach the speed of light...

For a photon of light shooting out from a star 15 million of light years away from the earth, would it seem to that photon as if it arrived to the earth almost instantaneously? Because, you know, it’s going the speed of light.

I realize that, to a human time keeper on earth, it took 15 million years of earth-measured time for that star’s photon to get to us. But I would think, from the photon’s perspective that it would seem much shorter, if not instantaneous.
1581732368474.gif
Am I the only one like 👆

if you were riding on a photon at the first scattering, the light created after the big bang, to you it would seem like no time has passed at all, it would just stop

the hot plasma at the big bang annihilated photons and quarks and all other matter as it was created, in about 300,000 years it expanded and cooled enough to go thru a phase transition similar to water and ice, or steam to water

those first photons have a predicted temperature of 2.7 kelvin, which was found to be true from studying the cosmic microwave background

those relics spreading out over the universe feel no time at all, thats the amazing thing about light... its special like no other particle

if you were riding on a photon at the first scattering, the light created after the big bang, to you it would seem like no time has passed at all, it would just stop

the hot plasma at the big bang annihilated photons and quarks and all other matter as it was created, in about 300,000 years it expanded and cooled enough to go thru a phase transition similar to water and ice, or steam to water

those first photons have a predicted temperature of 2.7 kelvin, which was found to be true from studying the cosmic microwave background

those relics spreading out over the universe feel no time at all, thats the amazing thing about light... its special like no other particle
Dark matter be like I'm special too.

1581733702106.gif

While I agree with the premise, I also think we need to relax and let Chaney’s second year magic take over.

I too am nervous about JG, but I am utra confident in Chaney. I would say the leash will be short in the spring and if needed, HB will be given full opportunity to take the keys.

There may be something to this. The meteoric start to UGAs recent success started with a Freshman QB beating out the incumbent starter in Chaneys 2nd year as being OC. Now it may be harder for True Freshman HB to beat out 5th year Senior JG than Fromm beating out Soph. Eason but it may just be crazy enough to work!

Reactions: VOLSONLY and StoVol
I mean, I'm pretty sure they kept tabs on how many he missed. In his career it was 63 out of 100. 63 is more than 57, which is how many Steph Curry has missed out of 100.
Curry’s dad started in the middle of Bird’s era. The game wasn’t about 3 pointers like it is now. Bird’s not creating, facilitating, rebounding and posting up and generally flying around like a worker bee for loose balls? Concentrates on that one shot? It’s being a slave to numbers and discounting all else. Bird doesn’t even warm up and beats EVERYBODY. Greatest player I ever hated.

There may be something to this. The meteoric start to UGAs recent success started with a Freshman QB beating out the incumbent starter in Chaneys 2nd year as being OC. Now it may be harder for True Freshman HB to beat out 5th year Senior JG than Fromm beating out Soph. Eason but it may just be crazy enough to work!
Eason got hurt in game 1 or 2...

Reactions: jlawso21
Accept my apologies...

giphy.gif
🥰😍🤩🤩

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back