'21 NC DT Payton Page (Clemson commit)

And not hearing from the position coach is why we’re almost hopelessly behind. Graham VISITS and Brumbaugh CALLS (and visits).
Oh I don't disagree. I think this makes the most sense. I've only heard our guys recruit regionally. No idea how much position coaches support recruiting of their position, but I would hope so. I know if I was a recruit, I would want to meet and converse with my future position coach. But I also get the territory approach as a general recruiting strategy, as well.

Just curious, where is the Rocker fan club today? Evidently we needed an upgrade.
Present! Don’t overdo it man. I saw his value and had no problem with his staying...if simply for the outstanding job he did developing and coaching up the DL. When fans on a message board demand he be replaced because they heard somewhere that recruiting is the only criteria, I turn my non dominant ear. When Pruitt has it in the works the whole time? No issue. If that counts as a call out to the “Rocker fan club”? Knock yourself out. Happy Friday.

Just curious, where is the Rocker fan club today? Evidently we needed an upgrade.
What I said is still true, and as we heard he was going to be given off field role to still be the master developer but allow an upgraded recruiter. CTR chose to move on instead and I wish him the best. And I am a fan of what he did last year. Simply unbelievable job.

What I said is still true, and as we heard he was going to be given off field role to still be the master developer but allow an upgraded recruiter. CTR chose to move on instead and I wish him the best. And I am a fan of what he did last year. Simply unbelievable job.
Yep. Very good teacher. Gonna miss that. Needed an upgrade for recruiting. It is what it is.

I don't think it was an unbelievable job. I think he did a good job and should be given credit but I think our expectations had gotten so low that we were stunned that our defense as a whole looked competent. Everyone at all levels looked improved. There was talent on the team at DL and they were solid. No one was dominant but we had a bunch of solid players.

The fact remains is he didn't want to put in the time to recruit hard. That is where I basically said he wanted to get paid in full to do part of his job. Funny how a lot of people have criticized other coaches over the years for this. Ultimately it cost him his job.

Our DL looked way more than “competent”. We know the difference. Take the first two games...then go completely OPPOSITE. DL was one of the main reasons we hung with Bama after not belonging on the same field the previous two seasons. Best rushing shutdown from our big uglies since the Fulmer era.

Last edited:
Our DL looked way more than “competent”. We know the difference. Take the first two games...then go completely OPPOSITE. DL was one of the main reasons we hung with Bama after not belonging on the same field the previous two seasons. Bust rushing shutdown from our big uglies since the Fulmer era.

Wonder why Rocker stepped down to a worse job?

South Carolina under Mushchamp is a train wreck.

Our DL looked way more than “competent”. We know the difference. Take the first two games...then go completely OPPOSITE. DL was one of the main reasons we hung with Bama after not belonging on the same field the previous two seasons. Bust rushing shutdown from our big uglies since the Fulmer era.
After Gooden went down, I thought our year was in real trouble. We were soooo thin there and losing Gooden could have been too big to overcome, but it wasn’t.

Wonder why Rocker stepped down to a worse job?

South Carolina under Mushchamp is a train wreck.
Word was Rocker was being stepped down to off field position to bring in a better recruiter, but allow him to continue and develop the kids.

Another poster had a genius theory that Rocker sees the trainwreck and he sees a golden parachute in his near future.

After Gooden went down, I thought our year was in real trouble. We were soooo thin there and losing Gooden could have been too big to overcome, but it wasn’t.
Blessing in disguise. Forced Emerson into next man up and he delivered. Now Gooden is depth there and at the other two DL spots.

VN Store

Back