Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the increasingly accepted theories is that we didn't domesticate dogs, they domesticated themselves. They started following humans around to scavenge their leftovers and the braver wolves would stick around longer until they eventually lost fear of each other and basically lived together and started hunting together. Each generation breeding "love" for thousands of years before intentional breeding for specific traits really even started.

Read one paper where they can identify a gene that creates the difference between those that want to be friendly and an aggression gene.
So the domesticated ones pass on the gene to befriend humans/other animals.

And the more the dog's DNA matches a wolf, the less he's likely to pander for human attention.

Dammit, now I'm Cliff.

One of the increasingly accepted theories is that we didn't domesticate dogs, they domesticated themselves. They started following humans around to scavenge their leftovers and the braver wolves would stick around longer until they eventually lost fear of each other and basically lived together and started hunting together. Each generation breeding "love" for thousands of years before intentional breeding for specific traits really even started.

This makes a lot of sense. At some point I'm sure some of the more intelligent humans realized that having semi-tame wolves around was beneficial, stopped chucking wooden spears at them and encouraged them to stick around....and then trained them to attack people who annoyed them like Chief.

That’s not a bad idea. But I better hit the right space between studs lol. The scratching is right above our bed too. I hope he tires himself out soon before I go to sleep.
If it's loud enough for you to hear the stratching you're dealing with something larger than a mouse in my experience. Depending on where you are, it could be a rat or a squirrel. You usually cannot hear mice because of their size and very tiny nails/teeth.

Don't put poison out. The mouse will crawl back into the wall, die, then stink...for along time...unless you knock a hole in the wall to get to the carcass...

...happened to some random guy I once knew.

Did you just admit to murdering a hobo?

Oh she’s ready! Have to wean her off chicken nuggets. All that we could get her to eat (and barely at that) during the darkest moments. I actually prayed for wisdom to make the right choice and I think it worked. Thanks!

A lot of us have us have our children..and have our babies that can’t speak but only by their eyes and the wag of their tails. 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back