Listen to Kellie!

This is simply a message board to share our views; I once years back sitting behind the LV bench hollared " three seconds" on an opposing player standing under the basket. The referee, obviously because of ME made the call, my nearby fans gave me an applause. The reason for the story - the closest I ever came to impacting a basketball game involving the LVs. I don't expect that anything I write or read on this board will even come close to my hollaring "3-Seconds!" No more than Gule was effective in Freeing Pearl Moore, Dunbar or his current mission for additional time on the floor.

go LVs

Reactions: T_Vol376
your 3 seconds are up. what mission you talking about?

only floor I need to be on is the dance floor with the Wifey. 2 steppers r us.

I think the real hurdle is that most on this board do not have much (if any) background or experience in amateur athletics or college sports, which puts them at a disadvantage when trying to digest both a person's "credentials" and the appropriateness of their behavior in the context of the sport as a profession. That doesn't mean it's impossible to do so, but rather that it is very challenging. Someone making a statement like "I coached AAU in this capacity" is very hard to process and evaluate if you've never been a part of an AAU team or program. (Or any specialized sport or hobby, whatever, I use AAU here because it's the pertinent example).

What does someone saying they have such experience tell you? More importantly, what does someone saying they have such experience *not* tell you? Again, if you have no experience in the field, it can be hard to evaluate. Though not impossible.

Take that, extrapolate it to making one's self a presence constantly orbiting a college basketball program, and well, there you go.

He’s trying his darnedest!

I learned today that Coach J has messaged Jordan’s mom wanting to work with Jordan. She contacted a mutual friend wanting to know who the heck he was and why was he messaging her. She has been informed.

This is what he does y’all.

Geezus.......Honestly, the enablers who say "Oh, coach hang in there and you eventually will get the job" or "I hope you get the job" or "you should get the job" or some variant on that ego stroking nonsense are not helping matters.

The constant self-promotion and "I won't let my team do this and that" is not endearing but suggest someone who has a hard time understanding boundaries.

We need unified message of "be a fan, share your opinion freely on this board but stay in your lane dude."

This transgression is also getting discussed on Margo's Facebook page as well. General consensus- fan stalking ain't cool and its not good for the program.

Last edited:
This transgression is getting discussion on Margo's Facebook page as well. General consensus- fan stalking ain't cool and its not good for the program.

I think that last part there is what genuinely worries me. I would hate for the program to have or develop a reputation of "oh, yeah, this person or that person just comes with the territory if you play at Tennessee, sooner or later they'll try to contact you."

The "I'm part of the team" mentality on the board is off-putting, and the weird obsession with both hiring Al Brown and judging him for the team's performance is unpleasant, but if it stayed here it could be chalked up to an overly-possessive fan mentality. I've met a few in my life, with several teams. At least it would stay here. But it doesn't seem to stay here and it's definitely weird.

I learned today that Coach J has messaged Jordan’s mom wanting to work with Jordan. She contacted a mutual friend wanting to know who the heck he was and why was he messaging her. She has been informed.

If true, I am guessing that someone at UT told him to go far far away.

Geezus.......Honestly, the enablers who say "Oh, coach hang in there and you eventually will get the job" or "I hope you get the job" or "you should get the job" or some variant on that ego stroking nonsense are not helping matters.

The constant self-promotion and "I won't let my team do this and that" is not endearing but suggest someone who has a hard time understanding boundaries.

We need unified message of "be a fan, share your opinion freely on this board but stay in your lane dude."

This transgression is also getting discussed on Margo's Facebook page as well. General consensus- fan stalking ain't cool and its not good for the program.

Agree on every single point.

I thought his fantasy world was "harmless" and "cute" before, but it's clear he's got issues. I don't believe anything he said about his "working" with Meme and Alexa. @T_Vol376 probably knows what was up with that. Im pretty sure he was stalking them, and they probably needed someone from administration to step in tell him to knock it off. But he's a legend in his own mind, so he has his own truth.

Probably best not to feed the crazy person with more encouragement...

Reactions: T_Vol376

News to me...
I would love the opportunity, but obviously you have some information I am not privy to??

You opened the door, so tell me, where did you come up with this one

THis one?

Whoa guys.....I just stumbled on this Thread.

Not sure why you guys are attacking Coach, but this feels very wrong....If he is advertising his services, so what....He's a promoter of his services...Nothing wrong with that. If someone does not want his services, he will back off...He's not some kind of psychopath...

I've hoped someone from UT would contact him and give the guy a chance to tell his story, it's a really good story....He knows basketball, and although I don't always agree with everything he says, he's entitled to express his opinions.

Losing can have a negative effect, but this Thread has turned way beyond negative....

Whoa guys.....I just stumbled on this Thread.

Not sure why you guys are attacking Coach, but this feels very wrong....If he is advertising his services, so what....He's a promoter of his services...Nothing wrong with that. If someone does not want his services, he will back off...He's not some kind of psychopath...

I've hoped someone from UT would contact him and give the guy a chance to tell his story, it's a really good story....He knows basketball, and although I don't always agree with everything he says, he's entitled to express his opinions.

Losing can have a negative effect, but this Thread has turned way beyond negative....

Who is this nutjob?
T_Vol376

I think the real hurdle is that most on this board do not have much (if any) background or experience in amateur athletics or college sports, which puts them at a disadvantage when trying to digest both a person's "credentials" and the appropriateness of their behavior in the context of the sport as a profession. That doesn't mean it's impossible to do so, but rather that it is very challenging. Someone making a statement like "I coached AAU in this capacity" is very hard to process and evaluate if you've never been a part of an AAU team or program. (Or any specialized sport or hobby, whatever, I use AAU here because it's the pertinent example).

What does someone saying they have such experience tell you? More importantly, what does someone saying they have such experience *not* tell you? Again, if you have no experience in the field, it can be hard to evaluate. Though not impossible.

Take that, extrapolate it to making one's self a presence constantly orbiting a college basketball program, and well, there you go.
And those who actually do have the experience most often never even mention it.

Wow. It seems I’ve touched a nerve. I wasn’t lurking and I didn’t “sit behind you.” You sat right in front of me. You had posted a pic of yourself on here once and I immediately knew who you were. I am very observant... and yeah maybe a little weird. 😆

Reactions: tn4everlvfl

VN Store

Back