Hypocrites Gonna Hypocrit

WoodsmanVol

It takes wisdom to understand wisdom.
Players can't but coaches can?

1. Andy Bitter @AndyBitterVT
Fuente said #Hokies won't be taking anyone back who entered the transfer portal this offseason. Said they talked about it as a staff and came to that decision.

2. Alex Putterman @AlexPutterman
Randy Edsall says he doesn't want players from the transfer portal, because they often "think they're enabled and entitled." "I'd rather go with high-school kids of junior-college guys. Guys going into the portal, they've got issues. That's why they're going into the portal."

Source:

Last edited:
Reactions: RollerVol
I see some of the coaches point here and they aren't wrong, guys that enter the portal enter for a reason, there are exceptions but most of the time it's playing time

Reactions: Cormock Mac
Not seeing hypocrisy on movement. Seeing folks express an opinion on players entering the portal and if they do, stay gone. Maybe I'm missing the point?

Well...I do wear glasses so maybe we don't see things the same way. You want contacts?

I personally can see why a kid wants to transfer. If all of the coaches that recruited him to said school have left and he genuinely is not happy I do not have a problem with a kid transferring. The first job I had out of college I hated. I could not wait to get the hell outta that place. The first opportunity that came for me to give my notice I was out!

Fuente said #Hokies won't be taking anyone back who entered the transfer portal this offseason. Said they talked about it as a staff and came to that decision.

Randy Edsall says he doesn't want players from the transfer portal, because they often "think they're enabled and entitled." "I'd rather go with high-school kids of junior-college guys. Guys going into the portal, they've got issues. That's why they're going into the portal."
It's a much bigger issue that Randy Edsall wins about 3 games a year and thinks anybody cares about his opinion on player evaluation.

Does anyone know why Cade Mays is transferring? I don't remember hearing or reading his reason(s).

I guess its not a very likely scenario, but if he doesn't get approved for immediate eligibility and wanted to go back to Georgia, if they would have him back would he have to enter the portal again and start a new process?

Reactions: jp1
It's a much bigger issue that Randy Edsall wins about 3 games a year and thinks anybody cares about his opinion on player evaluation.
giphy.gif

Does anyone know why Cade Mays is transferring? I don't remember hearing or reading his reason(s).

I guess its not a very likely scenario, but if he doesn't get approved for immediate eligibility and wanted to go back to Georgia, if they would have him back would he have to enter the portal again and start a new process?
A finger in a folding chair.

Source:
I'm guessing LSU (Burrow) and Ohio St (Fields) probably feel different...for that matter, I'm sure Smart (and UGA fans) would have taken Field back in a heartbeat for 2019 season. I like how Pruitt approaches it, where he has a good angle from being a lower level transfer when he played.

Yeah, maybe it's a minority opinion. Maybe it's incorrect. Maybe not. But that's not hypocracy. That's two statements saying the same thing.

Yeah, maybe it's a minority opinion. Maybe it's incorrect. Maybe not. But that's not hypocracy. That's two statements saying the same thing.
The hypocrisy is coaches being able to move anytime they like and players having to sit out a year unless they get a waiver. Such a Mel Tucker leaving Colorado for Michigan State today after he’s signed a recruiting class to Colorado.

So he wants to play that lame card? I wonder if he thought about the players he recruited in Memphis before he jumped ship to VT in 2015. This was one year into his raise and 5 year extension from Memphis.

What is good for the Tiger is good for the Hokey.

Not seeing hypocrisy on movement. Seeing folks express an opinion on players entering the portal and if they do, stay gone. Maybe I'm missing the point?
Fuentes was shopping his services around so you can state he is a hypocritical.

The hypocrisy is coaches being able to move anytime they like and players having to sit out a year unless they get a waiver. Such a Mel Tucker leaving Colorado for Michigan State today after he’s signed a recruiting class to Colorado.
ABSOLUTELY. I know a coach can always say "you sign with the school", but for these student/athletes, the coaches ARE their vision of the school, and I don't know what the rules are, but if a HC leaves, within a certain period of time, recruits should be able to opt out. My daughter is a lower level D1 swimmer, and even for a minor sport, the coach helps craft the culture of their collegiate experience.

VN Store

Back