Talk of Shelton Felton Returning to TN for "on-field" Role

Yea I see what you're talking about now. I was concentrating on your side of it. Haha.

#Trey

Guess they need a brother...."this is My brother Shelton and my other brother Shelton."
Yeah, kinda giving out my identity but ive gone by Trey my whole life (even though its not on my birth certificate or anything legal). You even spelled it right!

His son's names are the best thing about this.
Shelton Felton Jr and Shelton Felton III

Kinda like Larry and brother Darrell and other brother Darrell

My bet is this is directed for better recruiting, especially GA, D.A. can handle the secondary and Pruitt can help Neids and Felton with linebackers. Brumbaugh has developed under Mel Tucker, who’s a hell of a defensive mind in his own right, so not as much oversight needed. Feels like Pruitt wants a top 5 class with younger more aggressive coaches on the recruiting trail IMO.

I just don’t think he is that good of a coach.

Thinking can be bad for you sometimes. Just trying to help out here. Maybe. I don't know as I haven't thought this out fully. Hmm. But someone else has.

Given the fact that you can only pay attention to 1 thought at a time, you can never think too much, however, you can often think erroneously. It's not the quantity of thought but the content which needs to be managed occasionally. This is why people practice meditation and mindfulness.
---Colin Cromack, Attentional Focus Coach, Target Oriented Golf---

Man, oh man, I just love helping my fellow Vols fans, whether they want it or not.

6968_ShinySquirtleSquadStrut.gif

Reactions: jakez4ut
His son's names are the best thing about this.
Shelton Felton Jr and Shelton Felton III

Kinda like Larry and brother Darrell and other brother Darrell
George Foreman's sons:
George Foreman Jr
George Foreman III
George Foreman IV
George Foreman V
George Foreman VI

Reactions: Billy Ratliff
My bet is this is directed for better recruiting, especially GA, D.A. can handle the secondary and Pruitt can help Neids and Felton with linebackers. Brumbaugh has developed under Mel Tucker, who’s a hell of a defensive mind in his own right, so not as much oversight needed. Feels like Pruitt wants a top 5 class with younger more aggressive coaches on the recruiting trail IMO.
recruiting was a big factor. the word that keeps getting tossed around is "hungrier".

Felton is not as good a LB as Sherrer. doesn't mean he's not good. but the upsdie is the energy he should bring to the recruiting, and he's gonna be under Ansley's and pruitt's wing.

brumbauh has worked wtih Ansley before, at UK, so he knows what he's getting there, and from a recruiting standpoint, i don't think he's an elite recruiter or anything, but as long as he's not an obstacle to over come, like Rocker apparently was at times, then that's an upgrade on that front. i mean if nothing else, as long as brumbauh is simply actively involved in establishing, developing and maintaining relationships wiht DL prospects, we probably avoid jay hardy situations in the future.

so, the word is "hungrier". eager to prove themselves. and i think between Felton, Brumbaugh and Osovet, that's what we're getting. we already know about Nieds on that front.

recruiting was a big factor. the word that keeps getting tossed around is "hungrier".

Felton is not as good a LB as Sherrer. doesn't mean he's not good. but the upsdie is the energy he should bring to the recruiting, and he's gonna be under Ansley's and pruitt's wing.

brumbauh has worked wtih Ansley before, at UK, so he knows what he's getting there, and from a recruiting standpoint, i don't think he's an elite recruiter or anything, but as long as he's not an obstacle to over come, like Rocker apparently was at times, then that's an upgrade on that front. i mean if nothing else, as long as brumbauh is simply actively involved in establishing, developing and maintaining relationships wiht DL prospects, we probably avoid jay hardy situations in the future.

so, the word is "hungrier". eager to prove themselves. and i think between Felton, Brumbaugh and Osovet, that's what we're getting. we already know about Nieds on that front.
I don’t think any of us can assess how “good” any of these coaches are with our limited information...or any information. That’s open ended. When we had Ansley the first time, was he “good” or did he get better or was IT always there? Felton is following the standard course of a football coach. Get the opportunity and do something with it. You get passed over you keep chugging until you don’t. Every great coach has been passed over at some point in their career also most have had to learn from missteps. It’s what they do with it. Not predicting greatness for Felton and/or Brumbaugh...not predicting anything. Rest myself assured that both have worked with a current coach on the staff and there’s a reason they were top choices.

I don’t think any of us can assess how “good” any of these coaches are with our limited information...or any information. That’s open ended. When we had Ansley the first time, was he “good” or did he get better or was IT always there? Felton is following the standard course of a football coach. Get the opportunity and do something with it. You get passed over you keep chugging until you don’t. Every great coach has been passed over at some point in their career also most have had to learn from missteps. It’s what they do with it. Not predicting greatness for Felton and/or Brumbaugh...not predicting anything. Rest myself assured that both have worked with a current coach on the staff and there’s a reason they were top choices.
i agree.....? i assume the "not as good as sherrer" is the point that this is being made from..and all that is, imo, is just a reflection of the experience at the levels each has coached in. like i said, that doesn't mean Felton isn't good, or wont' be good. just he's probably not as good as sherrer, now. and yeah, sure, he could be, i don't know...just hedged bet.

i'm excited about all 4 moves we made.

Reactions: Behr and butchna
i agree.....? i assume the "not as good as sherrer" is the point that this is being made from..and all that is, imo, is just a reflection of the experience at the levels each has coached in. like i said, that doesn't mean Felton isn't good, or wont' be good. just he's probably not as good as sherrer, now. and yeah, sure, he could be, i don't know...just hedged bet.

i'm excited about all 4 moves we made.
Assumed that was what you meant...but just in case?

Reactions: Behr and jakez4ut
Thinking can be bad for you sometimes. Just trying to help out here. Maybe. I don't know as I haven't thought this out fully. Hmm. But someone else has.

Given the fact that you can only pay attention to 1 thought at a time, you can never think too much, however, you can often think erroneously. It's not the quantity of thought but the content which needs to be managed occasionally. This is why people practice meditation and mindfulness.
---Colin Cromack, Attentional Focus Coach, Target Oriented Golf---

Man, oh man, I just love helping my fellow Vols fans, whether they want it or not.

6968_ShinySquirtleSquadStrut.gif

So giving an opinion is bad for you?

1581522672236.gif

Reactions: WoodsmanVol
Is this official as in done deal with contract or official as in done all but the contract or still just a rumor?

If I missed the "it's official" tweet overlook my ignorance please. 🥴

I am the third, my dad is Jr, my grandad is Sr. Pretty sure thats the traditional way it goes!

With shelton felton he has one son that is shelton jr and another son that is shelton the third. He has two sons both named shelton.

on the other hand, it could be real entertaining at the dinner table.....Shelton eat your broccoli.....OK....OK....OK

VN Store

Back