Question about coaches leaving opening up the 'portal'

rbvol

I hope this small exodus of coaches leaving doesn't make some of our players leave thru the transfer portal. Your thoughts on whether some could leave.

Reactions: RollerVol
Coaching turnover happens more now in modern day college football. The NFL is trying to tailor Offensive and Defensive schemes to fit newly arrived college players..........look a KC......they changed their whole offense to accelerate Mahomes' learning curve and take advantage of his freakish athletic ability.

Both of these have been in the rumor mill for a while, not a surprise especially since the contracts were not renewed. Since it seems like the replacements were really ready as this happened, it seems like this has been in the works for a while.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Maybe 8, if, as so many of the insiders have stated, banks is coming back, one more of those guys needs to go.
Depends on if any of the new signees are not eligible academically as well. I'm curious as to who the 7 or 8 will be that quit or transfer out, there will be some tough decisions made I assume.

Reactions: feathersax
if players leave I don't think it'll be because Rocker or Rumph left...:D

GO BIG ORANGE!
I completely agree with you, but I remember those two guys got a lot of accolades and approval when they were first hired. Kind of makes you wonder what happened, was it recruiting, teaching or interpersonal skills or just couldn't fit into the staff?

I don't believe Hill was ever put on Scholly.

My guess is that most of the graduated/soon to be graduated Seniors stay on the books until May graduation which is why we had a small EE class (4) this year.

Blue shirt is probably why we lost Williamson to FSU though.

Last edited:
Depends on if any of the new signees are not eligible academically as well. I'm curious as to who the 7 or 8 will be that quit or transfer out, there will be some tough decisions made I assume.
With the amount of time and effort put into recruiting this year, I can only hope (I expect) our staff did not sign anyone that is not academically or otherwise Not Eligible!!! If they did, I wonder how much total UT Money went into it? Nonetheless, if banks is coming back on a scholly, some of the "signees" will have to go, based on the 85 max deal. I really hate that for the young man, some how it does not seem fair...but CJP know best about these things.

According to 247, counting all signees we are at 92, so 7 will need to leave

I'm very curious how they're going to make this work out.

247 double counted Jimmy Holiday, so that takes us down to 91. Also looks like 247 is counting Miles Jones, who is a walk-on, so that takes us down to 90. I think there's a significant probability that Baylen Buchanan will take medical retirement, as well, which would take us down to 89.

Still 4 over.

Last edited:
I'm very curious how they're going to make this work out.

247 double counted Jimmy Holiday, so that takes us down to 91. Also looks like 247 is counting Miles Jones, who is a walk-on, so that takes us down to 90. I think there's a significant probability that Baylen Buchanan will take medical retirement, as well, which would take us down to 89.

Still 4 over.

AND we still gotta fit Banks and Evans in.

just messing around :p

I hope this small exodus of coaches leaving doesn't make some of our players leave thru the transfer portal. Your thoughts on whether some could leave.

Just cause you change poles doesn't mean you still want catch fish.

VN Store

Back