Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah.. How dare anyone state and opinion that they DON'T KNOW if these hires are upgrades over Rumph and Rocker. THE AUDACITY!
Of course you have every right to post your opinion. You may even prove to be correct. It is also very understandable that people are going to side with our coach. I thought you posted your concerns in a reasonable manner. Pruitt clearly had these guys targeted. We do have a few more unproven guys than last year. I think we have excellent recruiters though and I have confidence in the senior staff to develop this talent we are about to upgrade even more. We coming.

Well its a job that is typically dealing with the “big board” setting up the spots open in a class and who we are going after. In addition they are working with all the recruiting guys and rolling up all the compiled info to the HBC who then relays back to him after he reviews their opinions who to go after etc. They are also involved with each position coach in getting them all the information they need to recruit a specific player. Additionally they are involved with the more grey areas of recruiting as well. You know unofficial visits and the like.

Does that help?

Helps a lot (I’m guessing) of us. Thank you.

What do you like about him? I am sure he will recruit. How is he at development?
He will be a grinder on the recruiting trail...which is really what we need. He is not going to be as strong on the development side coming in...however give him time with JP/DA and I think he will really blossom in this environment. The environment JP is building is far better suited for a younger and hungrier coach who is willing to put in the time and learn.

He will be a grinder on the recruiting trail...which is really what we need. He is not going to be as strong on the development side coming in...however give him time with JP/DA and I think he will really blossom in this environment. The environment JP is building is far better suited for a younger and hungrier coach who is willing to put in the time and learn.
Do you feel the same way about Felton?

LOL. Nailed it. It really isn't that hard to understand. But nah... gotta say that anyone that expresses an opinion or asks a question is "a pansy", "complaining", "whining", "doesn't trust Pruitt", etc. etc. Ridiculous.
Is 45 seconds really long enough to really form a true opinion?

I'm just kidding. Let's see how this plays out.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
Thank you. I'm excited to see what he can do.

I seem to remember you being one of the many posters complaining about Rocker's non-existent recruiting. Even an average-recruiting DL coach is a significant upgrade over Rocker.

There's no problem with differing opinions, but the detractors are whining like Pruitt just hired two Pop Warner coaches from Montana.
That would be a real Butte of a hire.

Reactions: Devo182
Of course you have every right to post your opinion. You may even prove to be correct. It is also very understandable that people are going to side with our coach. I thought you posted your concerns in a reasonable manner. Pruitt clearly had these guys targeted. We do have a few more unproven guys than last year. I think we have excellent recruiters though and I have confidence in the senior staff to develop this talent we are about to upgrade even more. We coming.
I agree. I'm also not on the side against our coach. That's why the statements about me knowing more than the coach or whining or whatever other garbage was put out there is absurd. It was just surprising to me that we didn't make an Ansley/Chaney/Jay type hire for either position when we had the money to do so. But that doesn't mean that Pruitt doesn't think that these are the best two guys out there for us.

It’s telling the number of kids recruited by the last regime, who left the team as transfers, but never ended up finding homes.

Maleik Gray and Trey Coleman are both stuck at JUCOs. Jacquez Jones doesn’t show as having landed anywhere. Latrell Williams. Even Will McBride ended up at a refrigerator college but has since left the team.
Maleik Gray has a National Championship Ring to show for his stay at JUCO.

Reactions: EdEcEko77
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back