Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I'm also not on the side against our coach. That's why the statements about me knowing more than the coach or whining or whatever other garbage was put out there is absurd. It was just surprising to me that we didn't make an Ansley/Chaney/Jay type hire for either position when we had the money to do so. But that doesn't mean that Pruitt doesn't think that these are the best two guys out there for us.
But do you know more than Pruitt about weinke? This is tee'd up for a weinke joke.

Do you feel the same way about Felton?
Don’t know him so I am not one to judge. I trust our coach though. There is so much more to a person in this business than what the general population reads about. You really do have to be at a practice to see them in action or with a kid on a recruiting visit etc etc to really know what they are all about. So until I have that opportunity with Felton I will trust our coach.

Don’t know him so I am not one to judge. I trust our coach though. There is so much more to a person in this business than what the general population reads about. You really do have to be at a practice to see them in action or with a kid on a recruiting visit etc etc to really know what they are all about. So until I have that opportunity with Felton I will trust our coach.
Well if you need help analyzing, holla at me. I'm always down for a refreshing Dr. Pepper.

Reactions: hooter vol
Both new defensive coaches have experience recruiting in the SEC. I think that's a good thing.

It’s def a good thing. From my perspective, JP wants guys that are going to be grinders on and off the field. He wants everyone to carry their weight and be All-around.

JB is a good, young Dline coach that will only improve and he’s hungry. Coach O is really going to shine as well.

Felton has built a good base in the few years he’s been coaching and will bring that fire on the trail also.

And of course Graham. Nuff said about that fella.

I honestly think with classes going forward, it’s going to pay off. But only time will tell

Two years without pizza?!? I was on the fence with becoming a Nick client or staying fat...

tenor.gif

He’s over exaggerating. I don’t have a “no food” list and he just finished a 3-4 month massing phase. If he’s not eating pizza then, he’s not doing it right. 😂

We saw with Butch that talent (at least on paper) was being brought in but underdeveloped. CJP sacrificed ace recruiters for veteran coaches/solid development in the beginning, probably vastly underestimating the gap we trailed rest of league by in talent. After seeing you can’t make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear, maybe CJP now prefers to have hotshot recruiters over proven coaches/developers bc he feels confident he and CDA can pick up that slack in development, whereas, Butch could not.
🤷🏻‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back