Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

4th most Q1 wins in the country from a mid-major conference
Just rolled through Iowa for our 6th straight win in the state, including 2 vs Top 25 teams, and ending another Drake home winning streak
1.5 game lead in the conference now.
RPI sitting lovely at #4.

Word was passed down that the Missouri State High School Athletics Association moved their state basketball tournament dates in Springfield, MO in March...This frees up JQH Arena for the NCAA 1st and 2nd round dates if the Lady Bears can finish the season out.

Coach Mox also broke the record for most wins by a 1st year MSU Lady Bears HC. Probably going to be a record that won't be broken again.

Had a chance to watch South Dakota # 22 today they lost to Missouri State early in the season had some injuries. They are the team to beat in that conference

You know, I have respected your posts in the past, but this is beyond ridiculous.

In your hyper inflated sense of importance, how many recruits are on this forum?

I don't think Geno would want any recruits that are impressed with what a 72 year old, 250 pound bald man who hasn't touched a basketball in 25 years thinks. And if you are worried about keeping such a recruit, if there ever are any besides in your fantasy world, you really don't expect much of KJH.

You are obviously scared half to death of UConn recruiting or you wouldn't come up with such a fantasy notion. And if you think Geno needs my help in recruiting you haven't checked his results yet. He has prospect nations 3 and 6 for 2021 and Hoopgurlz 3 for 2022.

Find me one thing I have posted to denigrate LV basketball. I have clearly stated that KJH is the right coach to restore LV basketball to former glory and that you have a great team minus a point guard. Any point guard worth her salt would love to come here and run with your dynamic wings.

I apologize to you quality posters who have read through my diatribe at a person who doesn't deserve the time I spent.

Ok, so maybe you have a few years, and even a few more pounds ....but you’ll never see the day you can out-bald me!
Braggart!

I’m sorry, lvocd. But, that’s the best I can do in a pinch.
Cheers.

Awwww, Needy, did I hurt your feeling? Maybe you’d be better off playing in your own yard, big fella. I think I hear Mama Nan calling you home.

4th most Q1 wins in the country! All the while being in a mid-major conference
Just rolled through Iowa for our 6th straight win in the state, including 2 vs Top 25 teams, and ending another Drake home winning streak
1.5 game lead in the conference now.
RPI sitting lovely at #4.

Word was passed down that the Missouri State High School Athletics Association moved their state basketball tournament dates in Springfield, MO in March...This frees up JQH Arena for the NCAA 1st and 2nd round dates if the Lady Bears can finish the season out.

Coach Mox also broke the record for most wins by a 1st year MSU Lady Bears HC. Probably going to be a record that won't be broken again.
When did it move to Springfield? Used to be in CoMo when I played in the late 90s and coached in through 2010.

Last edited:
Greatest dynasty?

John Wooden's former Bruin players say to get back to them when someone wins 10 championships in 12 years...including 7 in a row.

The Celtics have won 19 titles (including 8 in a row), the Yankees 27 World Series, Montreal Canadiens 24 Stanley Cups, and North Carolina women's soccer program has won 21 of 38 championships.

I

Is she a TN recruit?

Reactions: glv98
#1 ranked Paige Bueckers - lots of hype as "the next Taurasi!!!" We'll see. The last 2 UConn #1 recruits aren't exactly setting WCBB on fire.

Bueckers is probably the best HS recruit since Stewart. Fudd is better. If UConn gets both, which is likely, look out.

#1 ranked Paige Bueckers - lots of hype as "the next Taurasi!!!" We'll see. The last 2 UConn #1 recruits aren't exactly setting WCBB on fire.
Well, while both have had their ups and downs, Walker is averaging 19.5 point and 9 rebounds, while Williams, as a sophomore, is averaging 15.5 PPG.

not too shabby.

Well, while both have had their ups and downs, Walker is averaging 19.5 point and 9 rebounds, while Williams, as a sophomore, is averaging 15.5 PPG.
Oh def not shabby. We'd take it for sure.

But, you might really need this heralded recruits help. UConn just got held to TWO pts in the first quarter by SC! Has that ever happened? LOL shades of Ole Miss! UConn 1-16 fm field.

not too shabby.
Neither have impressed against the top teams on their non-conference schedule. I’d still take both on my team.

Dawn just said it a half in the interview we have size length and speed. Now that is the way you recruit you just can`t recruit anyone ?

VN Store

Back