Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember seeing Shelton Feltons name many times mentioned by recruits coming off visits when he was here. I’m betting that he’s a grinder and will recruit his tail off, which is likely a major factor in Pruitt hiring him.
Same! He was doing what Kevin Simon has done the last few years for us. Only a matter of time before Simon gets the on field job as well.

Reactions: Brillovol
it would be. but there's still guys in support roles that will get a shot at some point i would think...Kevin Simon maybe?

anyway...yeah, this is how CFB is today. but this group could certainly be together for a few years as it's currently constructed. we'll see.
From a distance, it looks like that is what Pruitt is going for

Reactions: jakez4ut
Nick hasn't let me have pizza in 2 years. So Marcos Pepperoni Magnifico, please with a 2 liter of Coke Zero.

Two years without pizza?!? I was on the fence with becoming a Nick client or staying fat...

tenor.gif

I think in an ideal world, you hire someone with more experience at the OLB coaching position who could maybe help Nieds out until he gets up to speed. But Pruitt has an idea of what he wants, and that's fine. I just think it leaves us a bit vulnerable at the position as neither guy has actually proven themselves as great LB coaches yet. Doesn't mean I think they'll fail, but if they start out slow, that could hurt us as well. Especially considering the youth at the position.

Keep in mind though Felton was on staff just last year, so he knows all these guys and helped recruit 'em. He'll only be building relationships with the handful of '20 recruits. I think that's a positive that shouldn't be overlooked, he has a ton of experience just not at the college level. But he's already familiar with most the staff and should fit in well.

I also think Simon being an off-field guy and on staff will help both Nieds/Felton as well.

Seems Pruitt feels comfortable grooming younger coaches, but absolutely wants fire/motivated/hungry recruiters above all else.

Keep in mind though Felton was on staff just last year, so he knows all these guys and helped recruit 'em. He'll only be building relationships with the handful of '20 recruits. I think that's a positive that shouldn't be overlooked, he has a ton of experience just not at the college level. But he's already familiar with most the staff and should fit in well.

I also think Simon being an off-field guy and on staff will help both Nieds/Felton as well.

Seems Pruitt feels comfortable grooming younger coaches, but absolutely wants fire/motivated/hungry recruiters above all else.
yup

Reactions: BucVol98
Felton’s been coaching linebackers for 15 years...ACTUAL coaching. Niedermeyer coached linebackers under Pruitt at UGA and Bama as a GA. You can quibble over levels of play and what’s involved in GA’s coaching, but they didn’t pull these guys out of women’s basketball.

Or just went over to a local HS and hired their coach or something.

NnGxit.gif

Can't wait to see all the ways people butcher "Brumbaugh" and "Shelton Felton".

Then again, people seem to be able to spell Guarantano right every single time, yet I would still see Dormandy, Shroud, and Mauer on the regular. It boggles the mind.
My speech-to-text is always spelled guarantano right, except it spells it with a small g. Dormady, it spells as Normandy even if I pronounce it right

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back