Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL. Nailed it. It really isn't that hard to understand. But nah... gotta say that anyone that expresses an opinion or asks a question is "a pansy", "complaining", "whining", "doesn't trust Pruitt", etc. etc. Ridiculous.
Who’s happy Rocker is gone? I was hoping he would stick around. Great improvement on the DL under him. Off the field role would have been a great move by Pruitt since he doesn’t like to recruit.

Last edited:
Who’s happy Rocker is gone? I was hoping he would stick around. Great improvement on the DL. Under him. Off the field role would have been a great move by Pruitt since he doesn’t like to recruit.
It does make you wonder if this is purely a financial decision on his part.

Who’s happy Rocker is gone? I was hoping he would stick around. Great improvement on the DL. Under him. Off the field role would have been a great move by Pruitt since he doesn’t like to recruit.
And... no one disagrees with that. But because we are unsure about the replacement hires, it means we don't trust Pruitt or whatever other nonsense you were saying earlier.

Who’s happy Rocker is gone? I was hoping he would stick around. Great improvement on the DL. Off the field role would have been a great move by Pruitt since he doesn’t like to recruit.
No doubt he is a developer. I think Pruitt wanted to go younger and hungrier with his replacement choices. Recruiting along the defensive front 7 should see an uptick. Moving Nieds to that side of the ball will help bring in more talent as well. I'm not worried about the coaching aspect with a defensive mind like Pruitt at the helm.

Rumph and Rocker were both getting old as coaches. Their departures are not a huge shock because of that and their lack of desire to recruit. Now Pruitt is bringing in some of the hottest young coaches around, and he knows they are good because he groomed Ansley and Felton, and Brumbaugh worked under Ansley. This defensive staff should be pretty loyal to Pruitt for a few years. That's important.

Can't wait to see all the ways people butcher "Brumbaugh" and "Shelton Felton".

Then again, people seem to be able to spell Guarantano right every single time, yet I would still see Dormandy, Shroud, and Mauer on the regular. It boggles the mind.
And Cheney. And Ainsley. And primadonna!

Here's where I differ from several people. Not going to pretend that getting someone who's been around the block in the big leagues, isn't comforting, it is.

But after watching Nieds compared to the others, I've been thinking that a balance of proven old dogs and fresh hungry guys, isn't necessarily a bad thing.
I'd argue its the optimal thing... at least for actual hunting dogs. Youngin's bring the energy to the fight and learn from the old ones. When things get tough, the old ones come through and take over with experience. Put the youngin's back on track.

I imagine that dynamic holds true for most team situations with humans too.

And... no one disagrees with that. But because we are unsure about the replacement hires, it means we don't trust Pruitt or whatever other nonsense you were saying earlier.
You’re unsure about the replacement hires because you’re not qualified to have an educated opinion on them. None of us are. Pruitt hired them the same day the other guys left, that tells me these weren’t some spur of the moment hires. He’s been planning this awhile and I highly doubt he’s unsure of his hires.

Can't wait to see all the ways people butcher "Brumbaugh" and "Shelton Felton".

Then again, people seem to be able to spell Guarantano right every single time, yet I would still see Dormandy, Shroud, and Mauer on the regular. It boggles the mind.
Spelling is taught here by the same folks that you hear on Vol calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back