New defensive line coach: Jimmy Brumbaugh

So....David Johnson (RB's) leave - replaced by Jay Graham
Kevin Sheerer leaves - replaced by Brian Neidermeyer
Brian Neidermeyer (TE) goes to LBs - Replaced by Joe Osevet
Tracy Rocker goes to NFL - Replaced by Jimmy Brumbaugh

So...all that's left is to replace Chris Rumph, correct?

Any word on if Weinke is leaving or if they renewed his contract?

Do I have that all correct?

Reactions: sjt18
Go to Colorado 3 times a year. Go to a winter game every year. Saw them play Utah and Washington the last 2 seasons. I absolutely love boulder! Let’s go

Reactions: MemphisVol77
So....David Johnson (RB's) leave - replaced by Jay Graham
Kevin Sheerer leaves - replaced by Brian Neidermeyer
Brian Neidermeyer (TE) goes to LBs - Replaced by Joe Osevet
Tracy Rocker goes to NFL - Replaced by Jimmy Brumbaugh

So...all that's left is to replace Chris Rumph, correct?

Any word on if Weinke is leaving or if they renewed his contract?

Do I have that all correct?
Rocker to USC.
Rumph to NFL

Reactions: Behr
Prior coaching experience :

Maybe he'll get to unpack his bag this time.

Some folks will think lightly of his experience with East Mississippi Community College (EMCC), but since 2011 and 2019 EMCC has won 6 NJCAA national championships in football and have produced 30 All-Americans. This along with his time with Syracuse, LSU and KY should mark him as a great get for UT. GBO ! ! ! !

Never a bad thing to have a connection to that JUCO which tosses out seasoned SEC-ready prospects each year.

Not impressed - don’t hire job hoppers.
I’m not even gonna pretend to know enough one way or the other, to give my take on this hire. And I’d throw out a guess that 98% on this board doesn’t either. I understand all of the behind the scenes stuff(not renewing contracts, guys leaving for pro jobs) but I just hate that so many have left in such a short period of time. The media tends to not do a whole lot of in depth reporting these days and I could see this being used against us in recruiting, by our conference brethren, as a “3-4 guys jumping ship within x amount of time” kinda thing, and the fact that their contracts were not extended or they left for NFL jobs will conveniently be left out. Someone who is in the know, sell me on this guy and our other new hires. It appears to me that Pruitt is bringing in guys that are hungry and anxious to work their way up the coaching tree.
GBO!!

Reactions: ScornedPapaVol
What coaching staff has greater than 2 years stability? The end result is about the win-loss record. Majors would turn his staff over every 2-4 years and had 3 SEC championships in his last 6 years. Fulmer insisted in keeping his assistants and had 2 losing seasons in his last 4. Each coach owns the responsibility for their own record and deserves to make changes as they see fit. Pruitt made a change last year from Helton to Chaney and the offense improved. Hopefully, the same this year.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back