Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here come the thought police. Most people are happy to see Rocker and Rumph go because they didn’t give the appropriate effort in recruiting. Some want to see Weinke gone as well. Who hired those people? Pruitt. If you’re happy to see them gone, that means you thought Pruitt made a mistake in hiring them. Therefore, it’s reasonable to voice concerns about Pruitt potentially hiring someone like Felton who has never been a position coach in a power 5 conference. It’s not like Bass is burning the place down over this, just expressing a little disappointment that we aren’t hiring someone more proven.

Counter. Every previous replacement hire has been an upgrade.

TBH, knowing the money we have, I was expecting a big upgrade at DL coach. I was expecting a guy like Davis who is known to be a recruiter and an excellent coach. This doesn’t feel like that at all. This is a guy that we got and probably didn’t have to spend much money to get. Is he a good coach? Idk. Doesn’t have high level experience. Is he a great recruiter? No idea. This isn’t like the Jay hire at all. Don’t know what to think here

I trust Pruitt. Hopefully another Nieds

lets also not just assume these guys are garbage bc ppl dont know their names which is the case here for some.
All we are saying is the two guys they are bringing in aren’t as experienced in this league. I get the “They will come in here with the right attitude, etc etc, buttttttttttttt again no experience.

Yes everyone can point at Brumbaugh being at LSU, Maryland, etc, but let’s be real for a second, He was the strength coach at LSU, and let’s not pretend like it’s hard to make LA Tech and Maryland better.

Felton, he doesn’t have experience in bigger leagues, besides being a quality control analyst here and coaching a few high school kids that were good.

Again, I get they can come in here and kill it, and I hope they do and make me eat crow, I want them to do well and kill it but we are turning the ship around and honestly we don’t have time for unproven coaches.

Go ahead and everyone flame away.

Reactions: ChiTownVol
All we are saying is the two guys they are bringing in aren’t as experienced in this league. I get the “They will come in here with the right attitude, etc etc, buttttttttttttt again no experience.

Yes everyone can point at Brumbaugh being at LSU, Maryland, etc, but let’s be real for a second, He was the strength coach at LSU, and let’s not pretend like it’s hard to make LA Tech and Maryland better.

Felton, he doesn’t have experience in bigger leagues, besides being a quality control analyst here and coaching a few high school kids that were good.

Again, I get they can come in here and kill it, and I hope they do and make me eat crow, I want them to do well and kill it but we are turning the ship around and honestly we don’t have time for unproven coaches.

not going to flame or anything, but brumbaugh has legit SEC experience at UK with positive results.

Again, I get they can come in here and kill it, and I hope they do and make me eat crow, but we are turning the ship around and honestly we don’t have time for unproven coaches.

Brumbaugh was the DL coach at UK from 13-16 that's league experience?

not going to flame or anything, but brumbaugh has legit SEC experience at UK with positive results.
Also, I forget, but I wasn’t trying to shots at LA Tech. (In case you are associated with them)

I get it, just was hoping for a big name with all the momentum, but like I said, I trust Pruitt and I hope I look dumb saying all of that. I want them to do well.

Brumbaugh was the DL coach at UK from 13-16 that's league experience?

13 they were 2-10
14 they were 5-7
15 they were 5-7
16 they were 7-6

I will say that if he is a more a coach than recruiter then that’s fine this year since we need one with all the older guys, but I just hope he replaces them with studs.

Reactions: VOLSONLY

I feel better with the turnover coming on the defensive side where Ansley and Pruitt are. I won't be nervous until I hear one of them making a big deal about wearing cleats to practice.

Can we have a conversation or disagreement without all the disparaging? I understand the concerns that Pruitt is hiring less experienced/less well known coaches... they may not prove to be upgrades. However, I have been impressed by every move Pruitt has made, even when he hired Tyson Helton. It didn't work out, but rumor was he was going to eat the buyout and let him go after 1 year because it wasn't working. I don't see evidence of Pruitt willing to settle for mediocre. He is aiming for the moon, and I love that about our coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back