Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sure it will come out that the Yac stuff about trust is from he was basically
Almost shown the door from his poor recruiting year 1 then all of a sudden we wanted him when it clicked. I’m sure thst is the trust issue part

This has probably already been debated but which USC is the bigger dumpster fire? Both have lame duck coaches.
The one out west charges up in one season max. QBs always end up there and the best Cali talent when they have a pulse.

This still blows my mind.
And yet it was an accurate spot, +/- 1 or 2 feet. Having worked live games I can assure you spots are usually off by up to 1 YARD, if not 1.5, on average. Human eyes, in live action, are terrible at this task. Our guideline was to not even make adjustments if the spot was off by 1 yard (3 FEET) or less. It was far too common and "splitting hairs" for what we were doing.

And yet it was an accurate spot, +/- 1 or 2 feet. Having worked live games I can assure you spots are usually off by up to 1 YARD, if not 1.5, on average. Human eyes, in live action, are terrible at this task. Our guideline was to not even make adjustments if the spot was off by 1 yard (3 FEET) or less. It was far too common and "splitting hairs" for what we were doing.

But in this case, he moved the ball from his own spot. It was 3rd and 10 and the player was short, it was going to be a change of posession.

When you change your spot and it changes the entire drive, that's a little more than splitting hairs, in this instance.

My $0.02 about YAC comments: I don't really care. Not our coach anymore, and probably said in jest. It's worth noting that just the simple fact that he jumped at the chance to talk with Swain about it means that he wants to clear things up and probably didn't mean for it to sound like he didn't trust Pruitt. He may also elaborate and throw everyone under the bus. I guess we'll find out tomorrow. Either way, it's not worth any more of my thoughts than this. The Vols are headed in the right direction with a full head of steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back