Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like Pruitt. Have pretty much from the beginning. I think he’s doing a great job for the most part.

Now... if he’s ever forced to get rid of Friend, and I go 3 for 3 on Sherrer, YAC, Friend? LOL, I’ll be downright unbearable for at least a week...
Too late...already there. 😏

Somewhat neat Georgia story. I have a friend that back in the day during his senior hs season participated in a camp at Georgia. This was during the Herschal Walker days. When camp ended and him and the other participants were still on the field, none other than Herschal himself, who had been running around the field, walked up and greeted the participants and he gave my friend the sweaty jersey he was running in. He's a big vol fan but still has the jersey and won't part with it.

So, there's a bar in downtown Nashville that is also an arcade full of vintage video consoles and pinball machines. All on FREE PLAY.
Feel like I went there last Summer. Or maybe that is just a thing now. Did it also have other games for pay? I think I paid for the basketball shooting game and something else. But like ski ball and retro games were free and they had cornhole outside.

I had a scare about 4 AM this morning. About 10 PM I got hit all the sudden with that stomach virus that has those violent cramps that literally hurt so bad you can pass out. After getting up and down all night my last time was a dozy. I was walking back to the bed and I told my wife that I am going to pass out. Well I did and fell face forward into our hardwood floor. My wife said I was out for about a min. I had the biggest and deepest almost to the bone gash in my left eyebrow. They called the ambulance was sent to ER. I have 5 stitches, a deeply bruised rib cage and a deeply bruised elbow. I fell flat on my face. No bracing. My eye is swollen and very painful. My head hurts from the fall. I feel I been in a car wreck I am so sore all over.
Dang - hope you’re feeling better! 🤭

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Feel like I went there last Summer. Or maybe that is just a thing now. Did it also have other games for pay? I think I paid for the basketball shooting game and something else. But like ski ball and retro games were free and they had cornhole outside.

The one you are talking about was probably Kung Fu Saloon in Midtown. The one he’s probably talking about is Headquarters Beercade. This is where my wife and I had our after party after our wedding. It has free classic games all throughout it. Both of them have been open a couple years.

Somewhat neat Georgia story. I have a friend that back in the day during his senior hs season participated in a camp at Georgia. This was during the Herschal Walker days. When camp ended and him and the other participants were still on the field, none other than Herschal himself, who had been running around the field, walked up and greeted the participants and he gave my friend the sweaty jersey he was running in. He's a big vol fan but still has the jersey and won't part with it.
I hope he washed it

Nashville Cranes
Nashville Hipsters
Nashville Barista Musicians
Nashville Craft Brews
At first I was shocked how much Nashville had changed recently. Then I visited downtown/old city Knoxville last year and was shocked how it had changed too. It felt like every city was copying or trying to be like hipster/brewery, etc towns. But it took my 60 year old MiL that does interior design for hotels worldwide to point out to me it is just this generation. They are changing every city, worldwide, in similar ways. More urban living, foodie shiz, breweries, hipster shiz, this shiz, that shiz. I don't love it all, but much better than the era of malls, suburban strip malls, chain restaurants, basic bars, etc. Could be a lot worse. Then again, I guess I am inherently biased.

Reactions: SmokinBob
The one you are talking about was probably Kung Fu Saloon in Midtown. The one he’s probably talking about is Headquarters Beercade. This is where my wife and I had our after party after our wedding. It has free classic games all throughout it. Both of them have been open a couple years.
You are very good, sir. Kung Fu Saloon sounds very familiar. We walked from 1 bar row to a wedding...then walked to another area with bars, then we took some Lime scooters from there back to our hotel. Love how entertaining and mobile the town has become.

Nothing big here, but some decent nugs. A 247 poster summarizing Doug Matthews show today:

Mathews Show:

Fulmer said Tennessee is back. The new chancellor is "on board". The entire administration from the Univ President down is on the same page and pulling in the same direction. Probably the context of Fulmer declaring Tennessee is back more so than that the football team has pulled even with AL, GA, etc. We still trail GA, AL, FL in Mathews opinion talentwise but we now have a roster that we should be able to compete with everyone. The 85 and 89 teams were close but not quite there talent wise but still those were SEC championship seasons. So we are at the point where we ought to be able to compete for championships.

May be our best recruiting class and the past one was very solid across the board.

Jeremy Banks - Mathews believes he will be back and he believes he is getting it done behind the scenes.

In a position to only take transfers selectively and not to plug holes. Cade Mays and V. Jones were big pickups. Would we have a good OL without Mays? Yes. But with him much better, better depth, etc. Jones gives us an explosive punt returner. Its very meaningful that Tee Martin wanted Jones.

Several play makes in the recruiting class including transfers. Improved roster size, speed, talent and physicality. Added big short yardage backs. Nice to have had Crouch on short yardage / goal line, but that's not the best option. Better to have a bonaifide big short yardage back or two option.

Calloway and Jennings could turn a 5 yard catch into a 15+ because they were physical. But neither were burners. We have added at least 3 receivers that can take a 5 yard catch and take it to the house. One is Jones the transfer. Jones also brings experience. The two late freshman signees have speed and have great potential at WR.

Signing 10 instate players was big. [IMO we lost 2 or 3 that we probable really would like to have had but signing 10 of the true SEC prospects - take that every class]. Pruitt had never recruited Tennessee but he understands the importance of signing a very high percentage of the instate talent.

Really needed to sign multiple DT/DE or players that can grow into DT/DE. We are losing a lot of seniors out of the DL rotation after next season.

Nice to have the title recruiting coordinator or lead recruiter for a prospect but guarantee Jeremy Pruitt makes the final decision on who we sign or don't sign. Harrison Bailey was identified by Pruitt 3 years ago as a QB he wanted.

Could not ever recall signing a long snapper back when he coached with Majors or Fulmer. Yes, some earned scholarships but were never identified up front as a scholarship long snapper. Will Albright was offered a scholarship up front, was seen in person in camp, and was a very good HS LB. Pruitt believed he would make a difference. Probably will be the starting LS this fall.

Do not have to have a single freshman to start. Some may start or earn significant roles no doubt but there is not a position where a freshman has to start. That is key.

End.

Jacob Warren. Big body that will have 3 years experience in the system at a weak position. Warren and Fant will be forced to play a lot of snaps this year.

I think Jordan Allen transfers. (Just a hunch)
Ollie Lane could see the field if we are derailed with injuries.
Kingston Harris can’t seem to find a position (not a good sign IMO).
Brandon Davis is still to small to play. Deep position group.

Why am I thinking Allen already transferred? Was there some vague Instagram post alluding to it or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back