Game Thread: #23/25 LADY VOLS VS. #8/8 MISSISSIPPI STATE

šŸ˜ I just wanted you to know that there were more top 50 (and even a two top 25 RPI match ups) on the horizon. With ALL the crap I still think this team is a slight step ahead of last years with what seemed to be more talent and experience.

I agree, Iā€™m just really bummed this evening.

Reactions: GrindEveryDay
Or maybe we have some fans who aren't SEC material.
Iā€™m simply reading other peopleā€™s comments and in summary what they a few seem to be saying is sheā€™s no better than HW and that she should have a remedy for the turnovers and this and that which, to me, makes it seem like a lot of the people commenting feel like sheā€™s not SEC coaching material. I think itā€™s unfair to saddle her with the blame for issues that were already present however, itā€™s not unrealistic for her to remedy those issues. Or, in the words of Barney Fife, ā€œnip it in the budā€.

10 months...10 months is all sheā€™s had to correct a dumpster fire. Sometimes the expectations on this board are ridiculous. She is an excellent teaching coach and given a little time and some actual SEC quality players she will yield results. You canā€™t take starters out if youā€™ve got no one else to put in. And to compare Harper to Warlick is laughable. Staley has been at So. Car. for 11 years so hardly comparable either. Give her a minute to make an impact!

Great post. Just like any coach she needs time to rebuild, both physically in fundamentals, and mentally from the damage in the program over the past years. I am glad that she is evaluating talent and not just going for players just because they are rated high. Next year the team will be better.

Iā€™m ready to see Rae in the starting lineup. I think she earned that today. Next game out, if Rennia is back and feeling good, I hope to see our most mature 5 out there. Jazz, Rae, Rennia, Lou and Key. I hate to suggest benching anyone, but I think Jordan might benefit from watching the first half.

Iā€™m ready to see Rae in the starting lineup. I think she earned that today. Next game out, if Rennia is back and feeling good, I hope to see our most mature 5 out there. Jazz, Rae, Rennia, Lou and Key. I hate to suggest benching anyone, but I think Jordan might benefit from watching the first half.
EXACTLY WHAT I THINK TOO!

All the other teams better hope we keep making turnovers because if ever get control of that issue, they won't really want to play us.

Thatā€™s what I said the other day. Makes it even more frustrating that itā€™s plainly obvious.

Our two big problems are inconsistent offensive flow and turnovers. Itā€™s a chicken or the egg situation. Is the poor offense causing the turnovers or are the turnovers causing the poor offense?

Only way to find out is to correct one or the other.

To give Horston her due, she plays reasonably well for a freshman when she's at SG. If she'd had this year to mature behind Zaay Green, she'd be even better. The problems happen when she's moved to PG, has no idea how to run the offense, dribbles around maniacally, throws the ball away, and the wheels come off the offense. It was especially bad tonight because she lost a bail-out factor in Davis. And once those wheels are off, it's damn hard to put them back on again. And this is all on KJH for not leaving Jazz at PG. It was obvious the Horston as PG experiment was a failure a month ago.

Reactions: glv98 and Memvol44
Thatā€™s what I said the other day. Makes it even more frustrating that itā€™s plainly obvious.

Our two big problems are inconsistent offensive flow and turnovers. Itā€™s a chicken or the egg situation. Is the poor offense causing the turnovers or are the turnovers causing the poor offense?

Only way to find out is to correct one or the other.
Iā€™d love to see the turnovers corrected first! 20 turnovers and MSST had 18 points just off of our turnovers!

Reactions: VolBall09
All a team has to do is score 65+ and weā€™re doomed. We simply canā€™t score. The Air Force head coach said it best back in November

She was spot on. Stanford exposed that in December and we didnā€™t learn from it. We didnā€™t even turn it over that bad in that game (11) but our offense SUCKED.

If you want to find out exactly whatā€™s wrong with your team? Play Tara. Thatā€™s why great coaches love playing her, she will expose you offensively. Her teams execute their defensive game plan at an astonishingly high level. After playing them youā€™ll know exactly what your biggest weakness is.

I agree, Iā€™m just really bummed this evening.

Yea and we were all amped and having the news that Rennia was out was a gut punch.

Little side story I am a track coach and my boys team is going to the conference meet in whatā€™s predicted to be a tight score at the end.

Today found out one of my best runners has the flu no matter how much we tell them to wash their hands, eat right, sleep right it just jumps up when ya least expect it šŸ˜”

Now Iā€™m just venting and upset

To give Horston her due, she plays reasonably well for a freshman when she's at SG. If she'd had this year to mature behind Zaay Green, she'd be even better. The problems happen when she's moved to PG, has no idea how to run the offense, dribbles around maniacally, throws the ball away, and the wheels come off the offense. It was especially bad tonight because she lost a bail-out factor in Davis. And once those wheels are off, it's damn hard to put them back on again. And this is all on KJH for not leaving Jazz at PG. It was obvious the Horston as PG experiment was a failure a month ago.
Think about it...no meme,zay or sorry not sorry...Horston should be coming off the bench!!! Kellie has no choice but to play her and yes she will struggle at times. But good ole Ladyvol fans want to bench her.....smh...

Yea and we were all amped and having the news that Rennia was out was a gut punch.

Little side story I am a track coach and my boys team is going to the conference meet in whatā€™s predicted to be a tight score at the end.

Today found out one of my best runners has the flu no matter how much we tell them to wash their hands, eat right, sleep right it just jumps up when ya least expect it šŸ˜”

Now Iā€™m just venting and upset

When you have a big event coming up your stress level goes up and your immune system goes down. More prone to infection and you get sick.

Reactions: VA_VOLFAN

VN Store

Back