Game Thread: #23/25 LADY VOLS VS. #8/8 MISSISSIPPI STATE

24 games in to the season, the team should never be "Fragile". That's on the coaches! Thus my original point that Harper hasn't shown much of an improvement yet. If she can't get this team to improve - which they have not - her tenure may not last that long.
We'll have to agree to disagree. And I'm usually far from a sunshine pumper. But I think they've improved alot over the last few seasons. I realize they haven't beaten any really good teams and don't mean to low bar it, but just beating the teams we should beat is a big improvement,

Of course I wish they were way further along, and I'm sure my unusual amount of patience won't last long. But for now they are about where I expected, minus the nightmare of Horston's frosh season woes.

they can have them against LSU? That’s there next opponent

No, but that is likely going to be our last shot at a win over a ranked opponent. Arkansas is probably out of the top 25 before we play. If we don’t beat a single ranked team we are probably a bubble team. If we lose to any unranked opponents we are going to be very close to missing the tournament again unless we do something big in the SEC tournament.

Not happy at all , actually I find it sad. Sad that this once proud program has fallen this far. They are not even relevant anymore except in Tennessee.
that’s not true @ all. tennessee is known outside of tn, don’t reach that far. this team started falling down the last couple years so it might take a year or two to crawl out of that hole. Many TN fans are very impatient and don’t like to wait.

who is going to develop them , they cant seem to develop what is already here. They dont come pre developed
Well negative nanny, all Kellie has is Jessie and she cant create..
Not happy at all , actually I find it sad. Sad that this once proud program has fallen this far. They are not even relevant anymore except in Tennessee.
So you blame Kellie???smh...

I love my Lady Vols but they are light on toughness, desire and want to. I can see in KJH that she is frustrated. It is tough to change a culture when it has gone South. After looking at today’s game, our bench is very weak against good teams. The toughest player on our team is Burrell, hands down. With the exception of Burrell our bench is just a collection of players that can give the starters a few minutes of rest. I would say that our best bet is to start Burrell and Davis together. I think that would improve us on both ends of the floor. KJH simply to not have the type of players in and out of the lineup as she did at Mo. State.[/QUOTE great post on culture. It is hard to change and when you have a bench full of OVC players its tough. And yes Kellie is frustrated. I hope we can get a grad transfer or two who can play at this level. Lou would have been if she would have been healthy.

Reactions: GrindEveryDay
I swear if JH is only good for minimal scoring and multiple turnovers then it seems logical to me to play RB in her place with a healthy RD.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
that’s not true @ all. tennessee is known outside of tn, don’t reach that far. this team started falling down the last couple years so it might take a year or two to crawl out of that hole. Many TN fans are very impatient and don’t like to wait.

They have been down since Pat has been gone. Holly had 1 good year out of 7. Dont act like its only been a couple of years.

This was a bad time for Key and Brown to play their worst games as Lady Vols. We played with no confidence the further along in the game we went. We would have a player get position and they would hesitate until the defense recovered then try to pass it and of course it results in a turnover. That is one thing that drives me crazy. I am sick and tired of the chest tapping with the my bads. That crap has to stop sometime.

I'm afraid Harper isn't much of an upgrade over Warlick. I know they're young, but damn look at the youth of S. Carolina. They are playing their 23rd game of the season and I see very little improvement.
10 months...10 months is all she’s had to correct a dumpster fire. Sometimes the expectations on this board are ridiculous. She is an excellent teaching coach and given a little time and some actual SEC quality players she will yield results. You can’t take starters out if you’ve got no one else to put in. And to compare Harper to Warlick is laughable. Staley has been at So. Car. for 11 years so hardly comparable either. Give her a minute to make an impact!

We'll have to agree to disagree. And I'm usually far from a sunshine pumper. But I think they've improved alot over the last few seasons. I realize they haven't beaten any really good teams and don't mean to low bar it, but just beating the teams we should beat is a big improvement,

Of course I wish they were way further along, and I'm sure my unusual amount of patience won't last long. But for now they are about where I expected, minus the nightmare of Horston's frosh season woes.
LSU...

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
and ? she must not be good enough to see the floor
Go back and watch the times she has played? She doesn’t stand there flat footed on the floor with her arms down on defense. She’s a blocker & a rebounder. She doesn’t stand on the floor and watch the game happen around her.

10 months...10 months is all she’s had to correct a dumpster fire. Sometimes the expectations on this board are ridiculous. She is an excellent teaching coach and given a little time and some actual SEC quality players she will yield results. You can’t take starters out if you’ve got no one else to put in. And to compare Harper to Warlick is laughable. Staley has been at So. Car. for 11 years so hardly comparable either. Give her a minute to make an impact!
Some people think it's just like flipping a switch. Easy-peasy. All you have to do is just tell them and it just magically happens over night. Superstars at the drop of a hat.

Staley won two SEC games her first year.

Two.

And the SEC was having a down period. In fact, the Lady Vols finished 18th in the country in the final poll during Staley's second year. And that was with Summitt at the helm.

This year, we have four SEC teams ranked in the top 15, including two top 10 and overall #1.

No, but that is likely going to be our last shot at a win over a ranked opponent. Arkansas is probably out of the top 25 before we play. If we don’t beat a single ranked team we are probably a bubble team. If we lose to any unranked opponents we are going to be very close to missing the tournament again unless we do something big in the SEC tournament.

Ok I know those teams may not have the “ranked number” in front of them when we play them however LSU’s RPI is 21 ( even with their leader out a win on the road would go a long ways Ms St win against us on the road will look good on their resume) that would be a top 25 RPI win and Arkansas is 40. Those would benefit TNs resume. The commentators talked about top 50 RPI wins and their importance. So besides A&M you have two more “quality” opponents in the committees eyes with RPI. Also the tournament provides opportunities to get a couple wins.

I still think the team gets “that” marquee win this year (I really hope at least)

VN Store

Back