Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Canning provides a shelf life typically ranging from one to five years, although under specific circumstances it can be much longer.

A freeze-dried canned product, such as canned dried lentils, could last as long as 30 years in an edible state. In 1974, samples of canned food from the wreck of the Bertrand, a steamboat that sank in the Missouri River in 1865, were tested by the National Food Processors Association. Although appearance, smell and vitamin content had deteriorated, there was no trace of microbial growth and the 109-year-old food was determined to be still safe to eat.
Did you see that guy on YouTube eat the Civil War hardtack?

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Did you see that guy on YouTube eat the Civil War hardtack?

I did. As boring of a topic you'd expect it to be, he somehow makes it watchable. I think it's his demeanor. There's a bunch of others of his I have watched too.

That and the guy (Primal something or rather) who just makes stuff in the woods. No voice over or anything. Just does his work.

Reactions: Orangeburst
Now Mama may be trying to get him away from bad influences in SC or just away from Muschamp. Sometimes Mama knows best lol.
Sometimes Mama needs to let her kid make the best decision they can for themselves with something like this. Mama needs to back off and let him make his decision and live with that decision.

Let's hope it is Bailey and not JG... will be a huge waist...
vLzulDc.gif

Now that the 2020 class is 98% completed; what do you guys feel are the top 5 areas of need this class?

For me:
1. OT
2. RB (if we don’t get Evans)
3. CB
4. LB
5. DT/NG

I don't think RB, LB, or DT should be an area of need.

We just landed 3 RBs, 3-5 LBs (depending where people shake out) and 3 DTs

CB & OT for sure would be top 2 imo. Didn't land anyone that's labeled as a CB or OT

Now that the 2020 class is 98% completed; what do you guys feel are the top 5 areas of need this class?

For me:
1. OT
3. CB
4. LB
5. DT/NG
1. DL - We lose 5-7 guys this year
2. OLB - Losing atleast two guys and we still need depth and playmakers.
3. OT - Need depth and start trying to replace Wanya and Wright.
4. ILB - Still need depth.
5a. CB - Thompson could go early and we need some depth there.
5b. TE - Need playmakers and depth but not a super vital position IMO.

Honorable mention is RB. Could really use a true playmaker there but we have some depth.

Only positions I feel good depth wise after this year is WR, Interior OL, and Safety.

1. DL - We lose 5-7 guys this year
2. OLB - Losing atleast two guys and we still need depth and playmakers.
3. OT - Need depth and start trying to replace Wanya and Wright.
4. ILB - Still need depth.
5a. CB - Thompson could go early and we need some depth there.
5b. TE - Need playmakers and depth but not a super vital position IMO.

Honorable mention is RB. Could really use a true playmaker there but we have some depth.

Only positions I feel good depth wise after this year is WR, Interior OL, and Safety.
Need more elite edge rushers, IMO. Maybe Roman Harrison, Kivon Bennett will make real progress and be effective, or maybe we see some pressure from a newcomer like MoJo, but we need a legit pass rush. Effective pass defense must have legit pressure on QB... (duh)

Reactions: UTMVol76

For me:
1. OT
3. CB
4. LB
5. DT/NG
OT, RB, DL, CB, and Edge Rushers are the most important. We didn't sign an OT in this class, except maybe Perry. We need to sign two blue chip OT's in this class. My prediction is that one of Whitehead/Hodge will move to LB, and Smalls is not an every down back, so in reality we probably signed 1 RB in this class. And who knows, both those guys could move to LB. If we don't get Evans, RB is a major need in this class. We need a blue chip RB regardless in 2021 even if both Hodge and Whitehead remain at RB.

We're losing 7 DL after this year. It is priority number 1. BT could decide to try his hand at the NFL after this season and maybe AT also, though I doubt it. But it wouldn't shock me to see massive improvement from both. We need corners. And we only signed one guy who we think is an edge rusher, and that's Joseph, and many have said he doesn't have the length to play OLB and may move inside. If that's the case, we didn't didn't sign an edge rusher. . I think Baron ends up as a DE before its over. We absolutely need to land pass rushers in 2021. It's strange how much we have struggled to recruit that position under Pruitt. You'd think those guys would be lining up to play under our coaches but they're not. We need to land big time players there in this class like Brooks, Robinson, and Colson.

Need more elite edge rushers, IMO. Maybe Roman Harrison, Kivon Bennett will make real progress and be effective, or maybe we see some pressure from a newcomer like MoJo, but we need a legit pass rush. Effective pass defense must have legit pressure on QB... (duh)
Agree... Pruitt and Ansley did an amazing job last year by bringing pressure from other places. Specifically corner. I think Deandre Johnson may be the surprise player this year on defense, he has shown flashes in the past, and Rumph has been talking him up lately.

Canning provides a shelf life typically ranging from one to five years, although under specific circumstances it can be much longer.

A freeze-dried canned product, such as canned dried lentils, could last as long as 30 years in an edible state. In 1974, samples of canned food from the wreck of the Bertrand, a steamboat that sank in the Missouri River in 1865, were tested by the National Food Processors Association. Although appearance, smell and vitamin content had deteriorated, there was no trace of microbial growth and the 109-year-old food was determined to be still safe to eat.
Fermenting > canning imo, not as much shelf life though...

Reactions: nicksjuzunk
Agree... Pruitt and Ansley did an amazing job last year by bringing pressure from other places. Specifically corner. I think Deandre Johnson may be the surprise player this year on defense, he has shown flashes in the past, and Rumph has been talking him up lately.
I hope we have some surprises. I'm hopeful, though.

I did. As boring of a topic you'd expect it to be, he somehow makes it watchable. I think it's his demeanor. There's a bunch of others of his I have watched too.

That and the guy (Primal something or rather) who just makes stuff in the woods. No voice over or anything. Just does his work.

Not to get too far astray from our normally well-structured recruiting convo, but...

Can you post more of a description about the primal YouTube channel? I think that sounds cool and i want to look it up. Thanks!

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back