Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think, and by think I mean want, that the NCAA should be investigating Florida. Something doesn't seem on the up and up with their recruiting.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
Hey @Freak , is there any way we could get a thread started for those whom are trying to catch up with the lingo and vernacular that is the enigma of the forum abbreviations & such? That would be amazing, if so. TIA🍊

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Lol it takes like 6 ultras to equal the same amount of calories into one of BGS beers.
If you’re a beer lover it’s hard to drink beer with no taste. Now if we’re talking chugging to catch a quick buzz, it’ll do the trick without the calories. You could go with Bud Light Seltzer it’s 5% alcohol and 100 calories a can. It sucks too, if you’re looking for taste.

I know a lot of you could care less about the scholarship numbers available .. but if you do care, please go listen to the 247 pre-NSD podcast. You will have to suffer through listening to Rucker to find out what Ryan Callahan has to say about UT's scholarship numbers.

To summarize what Ryan Callahan said:
RC said that coach Pruitt had stated that the 2020 class was the 1st time he would have a full 25 scholarships available for a recruiting class since he had been at UT. Mentioned that when Harris did not academically qualify for a blue shirt in 2019.. it resulted in a full 25 available in 2020.

RC then added that UT may have as many as 26 spots available this year. The 26th spot depends on whether UT was given a 2019 counter back from the NCAA for Melvin McBride's medical retirement. RC said the UT coaches will not say if the real number is 25 or 26 publicly because they do not want the competition to know their numbers.

RC also said if UT did not use all available spots (25 or 26) with Beckwith, Wideman or Evans in the 2020 cycle that they would likely leave the spot(s) open for either more transfers or "back count(s) next year". This is the first time I have heard one of the UT recruiting gurus actually acknowledge that "back counts" still exist. This also explains how several schools keep signing more than 25.

So since UT did get Beckwith & Wideman then UT has used 25 spots this year.

If UT does have 26 spots for 2020 .. then they could still enroll Zach Evans without having to use a future 2021 blue shirt on Velus Jones. However, if UT got a counter back for Melvin McBride, then there would be no need to count Velus Jones forward. Also if UT doesn't sign ZE, then UT would have 26 spots available for 2021. Problem for us is that we will not know if the actual number is 26 since the UT coaches do not want us to know.

Been at the doctor's office then watching Grands while son and daughter-in-law were moving. When I got a chance to read a few things it was a FL fan talking about FL! I hate FL. The only thing I want to hear about FL is when something horrible happens..... Now that I got that out of the way...GO BIG ORANGE!!!!!!

Hey @Freak , is there any way we could get a thread started for those whom are trying to catch up with the lingo and vernacular that is the enigma of the forum abbreviations & such? That would be amazing, if so. TIA🍊
You stay here long enough and you will catch on..I lurked for a couple of years before I even joined, much less posted. A bunch of guys now just join up and start posting right away, and then get all pissy when they get teased a little.

Was about 12 pages behind in the Evans thread. Got all excited until I realized that 75% of it was the annual @Jaws signing day troll job

Shh, don’t bring anything up about Florida or Jaws on this thread unless it involves Evans.

Latest I’m hearing is that it still appears to be a two-team race for Evans; Tennessee and Ole Miss. But there is still a little smoke about Evans possibly visiting Florida after the dead period, some time in March. I’ve also read that he will NOT announce anything on Thursday.

Evans to Florida remains a very long shot for many reasons, including that Florida now has interest in former 5* RB and Penn State transfer Ricky Slade. If UF lands Slade after already landing Lingard, no way they entertain Evans in my opinion.

Shh, don’t bring anything up about Florida or Jaws on this thread unless it involves Evans.

Latest I’m hearing is that it still appears to be a two-team race for Evans; Tennessee and Ole Miss. But there is still a little smoke about Evans possibly visiting Florida after the dead period, some time in March. I’ve also read that he will NOT announce anything on Thursday.

Evans to Florida remains a very long shot for many reasons, including that Florida now has interest in former 5* RB and Penn State transfer Ricky Slade. If UF lands Slade after already landing Lingard, no way they entertain Evans in my opinion.

Definitely a recruitment FOR THE AGES!

Great day for the rebuild and it's another solid class as a whole. Did a very good job adding depth to WR which was looking very thin. Good depth to DL and DB groups with some developmental big bodies on OL, along with the Mays transfer and his little brother as the center of the future. The Memphis LBs add badly needed depth (as will Banks if he makes it back onto team and JJ if he finally fulfills the promise).

Hopefully have the QB for the future with solid competition to push him.

Still looking for a couple of dominant pass rushers.
If Baron doesn't grow into a DL, he might be one, maybe Joseph, but we need to find a couple of unblockable speed rushers. It seems every time we have a real need Pruitt brings in 2 or 3 solid recruits. It's time to fix that position.

Next year will need upgrade at TE (those redshirt freshmen from the 2019 class need to show up and prove they've been seriously hitting the weight room) and RB (it's the last year for 2 solid RBs). Love Grey but we'll get him killed if we try to give him the ball 20-25 times per game against the frontline SEC teams like Bama.

Although I think we got a steal with Tee Hodge if he avoids injuries, we still need that RB who is going to be a NFL 1st round pick. (For those of you that don't think much of Hodge go look at the video on Rivals. That's a 235 lb back breaking the angle on opposing DBs in Class 6A.) But one of the reasons he wasn't highly ranked was he missed a lot of his junior year with an injury. That's why he put on 20 lbs.
I have to be honest I'm still not thrilled with the possibility of Evans. Not sure about the effect on team chemistry. I want guys who feel electric when they put on the Orange.

Will need more depth in the secondary and LB groups next year. That excellent secondary group from 2 years ago will be juniors. Most services think the DBs we got this year could plat corner but feel they are more natural at safety.

The increase in athleticism is significant. It's now going to be all about developing what we have. Guess I'm renewing the season tickets again.

Reactions: bpvol and UTMVol76
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back