'20 FL WR Malachi Wideman (Tennessee signee)

Wideman, 6-foot-5/200 lbs, provides Tennessee with an extremely athletic deep threat who can stretch the field. He’ll also be a good red zone replacement for Marquez Callaway. The Florida native is described by 247Sports as an “effortless leaper with true ball skills”. 247Sports also noted that Wideman has “ideal red-zone and deep threat ability” and could have a pro career in either football or basketball. Wideman is essentially a perfect fit in Jim Chaney’s offensive system.

Championships are usually won by the team with the best athletes. Wideman is raw as a route runner, but he’ll undoubtedly be one of the best athletes on the field every Saturday during the fall. Wideman, who runs the 40 in 4.50 seconds, can truly be the game changer the Vols desperately need at the wide receiver position.

WR Malachi Wideman can be a game changer for Tennessee

Came back online to check the Wideman commitment at 1:43. The title didn't say "Tennessee Commit," so I was thinking Kiffen had sold him on Ole Miss. Opened the thread and first thing I saw was @TrippieRedd. Was really bummed until I read further. All I can say now is

BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Trippie is in big trouble.

TENNESSEE VAULTS INTO TOP 10, LANDS MALACHI WIDEMAN (12:48 p.m.)
Tennessee started out the day at No. 15 in the 2020 team rankings. The Vols have now vaulted in the top 10 by landing four-star wide receiver Malachi Wideman. The Florida native flipped from Florida State to the Vols, giving Tennessee an explosive piece on the outside at receiver. Wideman is among the best overall athletes in the 2020 class. He doubles as a four-star basketball recruit and will also likely suit up for Rick Barnes in Knoxville. Wideman ranks as the nation's No. 116 overall prospect. Here's 247Sports' football evaluation of Wideman.
"A blue-chip football and basketball recruit with length and muscular build. Known for freakish athleticism that allows for above the rim game on the hardwood and ideal red-zone and deep threat ability as wide receiver on gridiron. Effortless leaper with true ball skills and body control. Long strider with wide catch radius and plus ability after the catch. Can make plays in traffic with good quickness. Plays with good feel and awareness in the red zone. Raw route-runner at this stage. Could easily carry more weight if football becomes primary focus at collegiate level with athleticism to make early impact despite polish. A pro career in either sport seems possible depending on priorities following high school." 247Sports

VN Store

Back