Contracts set to expire for Tracy Rocker, Chris Weinke

Assuming Rocker is definitely gone, hope we put out feelers to this guy with Dantonio out @ Michigan State:

Ron Burton - Football Coach - Michigan State University Athletics

Yeah I'd be interested in this guy from a developmental standpoint however he's not asked to recruit much at MSU so in that regard it's a wash between him and Rocker.

I kinda like the idea of a young guy who's group showed improvement and is passionate and can be good recruiter which is why I like Vic So'oto from VA

Newsflash, this will be the first time they have had the same OC for consecutive years.

A QB can either make the correct decisions and throws or he can’t, scheme doesn’t have much to do with that. A good coordinator will enhance the abilities and disguise the flaws of his QB and personnel in general, BUT he has got to have something to work with. What has been the consistent factor the last 3 years?

Reactions: sjt18
A QB can either make the correct decisions and throws or he can’t, scheme doesn’t have much to do with that. A good coordinator will enhance the abilities and disguise the flaws of his QB and personnel in general, BUT he has got to have something to work with. What has been the consistent factor the last 3 years?

Bad OL, WR and QB play. Also the inability for us to have a legit ground game. Defense giving up huge plays. Bad coaching. Bad play calling. Drops. Failure to get separation. Bad throws. Revolving door of OCs.

I am sure that’s not what you wanted to hear. But the truth is hard sometimes.

Reactions: Frozevol
Bad OL, WR and QB play. Also the inability for us to have a legit ground game. Defense giving up huge plays. Bad coaching. Bad play calling. Drops. Failure to get separation. Bad throws. Revolving door of OCs.

Including: Holding onto the ball until way too late in timing routes. Under throwing passes that need zipped in there. Rifling touch passes. Overthrowing wide open receivers. Not seeing dozens of open receivers since he locks in on his target after the snap almost every time. No leadership from a position that should be one (don't give me the lead by example crap, that mouth has to work sometime other than relaying the play call).

As you say, truth is hard to hear.

Dabo was a GA for 3 seasons...Nick Saban for 2. First two I looked up.
Terrible comparisons. They didn’t have NFL jobs then go become GAs. He had an NFL position coach job and couldn’t get another one there or at the D1 level. Says something to me.

Terrible comparisons. They didn’t have NFL jobs then go become GAs. He had an NFL position coach job and couldn’t get another one there or at the D1 level. Says something to me.
Course...that’s your narrative. It’s the average time one builds up their resume to become a position coach.

Thought I read a blurb a day or so ago that Rocker addressed a group after signing day. Was hoping it would shed some light on whether he will be with the team this coming year and in what capacity. Anybody got anything?

The OL play was made to look much worse than it was by a QB who was among the SEC's worst in time to deliver the ball.... and he's not a scrambler. WR's really struggle when they have to be wide open before a QB is willing to throw... and JG's inability to anticipate throws is a huge part of his problem.

The guy you responded to is right. Being too slow processing reads and being unable to anticipate throws isn't a product of scheme or OC changes. It is a strength for some and a weakness for others. It appears to be a fatal weakness for JG.

VN Store

Back