The Official Tennessee @ Alabama Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, ESPNU

I think defensively we've got to force them to make tough 2s or hope that they go cold from 3. We need lots of fouls on both sides this half as well. Turn this thing into an ugly 38-28 half!!
37-28 works too!! Defense, including Vescovi's played a great 2nd half!! Fulkerson gets better every game and Pons has really bought in on the defensive end! They played hard tonight and earned a big win on the road over the commies!! GBO

Great hard fought win. And what makes it even better is that we shot the ball from outside horrible but we didn't hang our heads we went to work winning all the other aspects of a game. Great job Vols

I think Alabama's problem was that the basketball team thought they were the football team. They cheated continuously, and thought the refs wouldn't call them on it.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
We needed that win bad for their confidence, Ganes played a lot the second half. We're better with Pons and Fulky and three guards.

Dang, hope you feel better. Second half was pretty cool if you find time to watch it

The sucky part is I was fine yesterday and someone at work I had a meeting with the day before was already really sick. Whatever it is, it hits hard but seems to go away pretty quickly.

I turned it off in the first half, but was still checking the score for the second half. When I saw we we're at least being competitive I turned it back on and was very happy with the effort. We are by no means the most talented team, but we still fight hard.

Fulky and Pons had great bounce back games. Pons had 14(!) rebounds. We still aren't getting anything from our bench. Vescovi couldn't hit anything from the floor tonight, but only turned it over once. Bowden had some unlucky shots rim out, but was very aggressive and got to the line, and added 6 steals. We still need more of a bench, and we need JJJ to get healthy.

VN Store

Back