247: Vols' projected depth chart next season

We’re at an impasse. Our DEs in our 3-4 run in the 270-290 range or more...not 230. Maybe like Tyler Baron he can grow into that role but he’s an OLB currently. Still uncertain how we deploy Baron. We don’t run a 4-3...we move our OLBs wide or tight. Part of the beauty of the 3-4’s flexibility. Unless he’s taking on an OL directly in the 3-4...he’s an OLB. Lawrence Taylor...wiki him bruh.
I know who LT is watch him play his college ball

We’re at an impasse. Our DEs in our 3-4 run in the 270-290 range or more...not 230. Maybe like Tyler Baron he can grow into that role but he’s an OLB currently. Still uncertain how we deploy Baron. We don’t run a 4-3...we move our OLBs wide or tight. Part of the beauty of the 3-4’s flexibility. Unless he’s taking on an OL directly in the 3-4...he’s an OLB. Lawrence Taylor...wiki him bruh.
LT was 6-3 or 4 and weight was somewhere near 230-240. I’ll just say this....a D player at the line of scrimmage who lines up on outside shoulder of the down lineman is a DE.

LT was 6-3 or 4 and weight was somewhere near 230-240. I’ll just say this....a D player at the line of scrimmage who lines up on outside shoulder of the down lineman is a DE.
Leonard Marshall was a DE...LT was a 3-4 edge OLB. I’m confused why you think reciting his weight changes that.

You messed up the quote...and it’s getting personal for you.

You're wrong Volmack.

I'm well aware of exotic and multiple defense. The 3-4 is our primary front.
Sometimes you'll see guys like B Eason (MLB) line up on the edge a rush the passer.
Guess what his position is? MLB...

If you put Morven Joseph outside the tackle and inside the TE ( 7 tech) on heavy with his hand on the ground...he's not a DE.
He's an OLB.

You're wrong Volmack.

Sometimes you'll see guys like B Eason (MLB) line up on the edge a rush the passer.

If you put Morven Joseph outside the tackle and inside the TE ( 7 tech) on heavy with his hand on the ground...he's not a DE.
He's an OLB.[/QUO.
Fits you well

Leonard Marshall was a DE...LT was a 3-4 edge OLB. I’m confused why you think reciting his weight changes that.
Reggie White was a DE. also so what. I watched LT line up on the line just like Reggie White did on the edge. Hand in the ground and rush the same way all the time. Changes nothing BUT what you want to call him. THATS alllll

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
You're wrong Volmack.

He's an OLB.
Why are you using young men who haven’t even showed up yet to tell me I’m wrong.? You just brought MJ to the line between the OT. And the TE. to prove your point ? Lol you also brought the MLB B. Eason to line to edge rush .? To prove your point lol....I guess, so if your in a 3-4 and your three down lineman are nearly 300 or larger....plus there lined inside the tackles. That’s a Dlineman !! not a DE. You guys do realize that they recruit different body styles for different skill sets....correct?? When they trot out 4-5 DL. And 2 MLB the two outside edgers either out of stance or hand down ARE DE.’s PERIOD.

You guys are arguing over guys who haven't even had a practice yet?

We have no way of knowing who will play or how they'll be used.

Pruitt's base is a 3-4 which by my understanding consists of a NG, DT, and DE. Bama had different guys with different skill sets in these roles at their peak. Pruitt's guys seem to be more flexible. At one time, the 3-4 had to MLBs, an OLB, and a "jack" who was sort of a hybrid DE/LB. Pruitt hasn't had the ideal jack since he's been at UT unless you count Taylor... but he wasn't great at the LB part. Pruitt seems to have settled in on a kind of 3-3-5 much of the time using just about anyone on the field to bring QB pressure.

You messed up the quote...and it’s getting personal for you.
Personal lol....3-4 seems the only thing that’s personal to you guys. “Yes” the D starts out with a 3-4 basic concept. I’m gonna try to get you to understand this one more time. Different body styles CREATE different alignments due to there skill sets. There for when they come in ...There no longer running a basic 3-4 D. When they trot the big boys out there and I’m not talking goal line defense. There playing with Tackles and DE.’s out of a 4-3 or even a 5-2. Watched them play this a lot last year. All based on the team and play to play. Each game is different with each style of offensive team there facing.

Personal lol....3-4 seems the only thing that’s personal to you guys. “Yes” the D starts out with a 3-4 basic concept. I’m gonna try to get you to understand this one more time. Different body styles CREATE different alignments due to there skill sets. There for when they come in ...There no longer running a basic 3-4 D. When they trot the big boys out there and I’m not talking goal line defense. There playing with Tackles and DE.’s out of a 4-3 or even a 5-2. Watched them play this a lot last year. All based on the team and play to play. Each game is different with each style of offensive team there facing.
Yeah...didn’t change anything.

Reggie White was a DE. also so what. I watched LT line up on the line just like Reggie White did on the edge. Hand in the ground and rush the same way all the time. Changes nothing BUT what you want to call him. THATS alllll
K. Reggie White was a DE. You blew the lid off this one.

:D
Have you ever read the story of B'rer Rabbit and the tar baby? You should before tangling with @butchna. He's pretty good.
1) I actually played the sport...2) I’ve followed recruiting before you could even buy a magazine or click onto a site...3) Been a loyal Vol fan probably longer than most of the people who post on here and you know what gets me the most...The fact that we’re Alllll VFL and I see way to much smartArse criticism towards one another...If you know the game better than me ”then good for you”...You’ll find the older you get the harder it is to keep up with the game...It never stops changing with all the rules...But I’m not gonna get on here or anywhere else and tell you your wrong or to be argumentative...@sjt18 thank you for the comment it’s appreciated and with that being said...I’ve got about as much time to deal with this individual as I do with scratching my Arse!!! What I will also tell you is I was once on this site many moons ago and got kicked off...You want to know why?? Because I was sickened by the crap I was reading about getting rid of Fulmer...The internet and what people THOUGHT they really wanted screwed our program up till now...Now when everyone looks back it’s a different tune...I went down to the Alalooosers game that year and they beat us pretty good...The worst part was how I felt about watching my beloved VOLS get booed off the field and how it felt...I’ve sat back and watched for quite sometime and just observed the lack or respect for one another...We’re all in the same boat and fans have got to learn to have one another’s back....Be that VFL together!!! and not a smartArse ! VFL ❤️🍊🏈✌🏻👊🤝💪

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
1) I actually played the sport...2) I’ve followed recruiting before you could even buy a magazine or click onto a site...3) Been a loyal Vol fan probably longer than most of the people who post on here and you know what gets me the most...The fact that we’re Alllll VFL and I see way to much smartArse criticism towards one another...If you know the game better than me ”then good for you”...You’ll find the older you get the harder it is to keep up with the game...It never stops changing with all the rules...But I’m not gonna get on here or anywhere else and tell you your wrong or to be argumentative...@sjt18 thank you for the comment it’s appreciated and with that being said...I’ve got about as much time to deal with this individual as I do with scratching my Arse!!! What I will also tell you is I was once on this site many moons ago and got kicked off...You want to know why?? Because I was sickened by the crap I was reading about getting rid of Fulmer...The internet and what people THOUGHT they really wanted screwed our program up till now...Now when everyone looks back it’s a different tune...I went down to the Alalooosers game that year and they beat us pretty good...The worst part was how I felt about watching my beloved VOLS get booed off the field and how it felt...I’ve sat back and watched for quite sometime and just observed the lack or respect for one another...We’re all in the same boat and fans have got to learn to have one another’s back....Be that VFL together!!! and not a smartArse ! VFL ❤️🍊🏈✌🏻👊🤝💪
You may be taking things here a little too serious. Not talking about your fanship generally... just what goes on here.

That said, you may have been mad at me for what I said about Fulmer. I wanted him to get his shot to turn things around but once it was obvious the had lost the team and control of the 2008 season... it was time for him to go. It is a shame it wasn't handled better by everyone involved. It might have saved UT a lot of trouble if he had stepped back then taken over as AD sooner. But for a lot of reasons... he hung on to the HC job at least 4 years too long.

VN Store

Back