'20 FL WR Malachi Wideman (Tennessee signee)

Always with the negative waves, Moriarty, always withe the negative waves. Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves. Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

Please tell me were I said something that is not true. You sound like those people at work that refuse to believe the company they work for is not perfect,,,;)

Please tell me were I said something that is not true. You sound like those people at work that refuse to believe the company they work for is not perfect,,,;)
Truth and relevancy are two different things...

We got one in rivals' to 50....

You must not have been keeping up with UT football the last 3-4 years... newsflash, we've been in the ditch, at the bottom, not making bowl games, but you think we are all of a sudden going to magically (with fairy dust) make/get top tier kids to come to our program over other more successful, established programs right now? It's been incredible what Pruitt has done so far, and it will only get better if we continue to improve on the field with W's.... you are seeing the national media take notice and agree not to sleep on us, that we are turning the corner and on the rise... that is why more and more kids are taking a chance on us... if we get at least 8-9 wins this season, with this staff having 2-3+ years under their belt, don't be surprised to start seeing some 5* and a lot of 4* start coming our way. We will still not drop to the straight cash$$ level of the GA and AU in terms of cheating, but I don't think we will necessarily need to...

Did you actually read my post? I am not bashing the job Pruitt has done. I think he is a good coach and has done a good job recruiting. I am arguing with the crazy people that are saying we are getting the same quality players as Bama ,UGA, LSU etc.

The problem is we are in a repetitive cycle. We can't get the players because we can't win on the field, and we can't win on the field because we can't get the players. Somehow we have to break this trend.....That is all I am saying....No reason for some people (not you) to throw crap....Like the Rdnck from the ridge.....

Reactions: volinbama256
Did you actually read my post? I am not bashing the job Pruitt has done. I think he is a good coach and has done a good job recruiting. I am arguing with the crazy people that are saying we are getting the same quality players as Bama ,UGA, LSU etc.
Several guys who starred in tonight's Super Bowl weren't 5* guys. We had a coach that chased "stars". UT still came up short. Now we have a guy who IMO knows what a football player looks like and trusts his own eyes. The recruiting rankings are generally true... but Clemson rose to national dominance over several years with their best class being 7th. Dabo knows how to evaluate and develop players. Whether it is Pruitt or someone else, the coach that brings UT back will be like Dabo in that respect.

The problem is we are in a repetitive cycle. We can't get the players because we can't win on the field, and we can't win on the field because we can't get the players. Somehow we have to break this trend.....That is all I am saying....No reason for some people (not you) to throw crap....Like the Rdnck from the ridge.....
I've said for years now that the coach who pulls UT out will be a guy who gets some 4/5* guys but has an above average ability to find 3* guys... who are actually 4/5* caliber players.

I look down UT's current commit/signee listing and see Jimmy Holiday. A QB that probably isn't a college QB but who is an incredible athlete with the potential to become really special. I see Spraggins, Perry, and Robinson... and remember that the recruiting sites give disproportionately few high rankings to OL's... and have a really tough time predicting success for OL's. I see McDonald who Pruitt seems to really like.

I saw what Pruitt did with a patchwork DL this year with no experience and the improvements on the OL and D overall....

I think I'm willing to wait to see what kind of talent these guys really have rather than believing that a difference in ranking for a couple or 3 players.... means this class that will probably finish 14th or better... is worse than the 7th or 8th ranked class.

Last edited:

Sorry, was just trying to inject a little humor from one of my favorite movies. We're all a little tense waiting for a signing day that seems to be an opportunity for either a world class finish or a huge disappointment. All opinions on here are valid, well except for those that criticize my opinions.

Reactions: overseasorange2
Several guys who starred in tonight's Super Bowl weren't 5* guys. We had a coach that chased "stars". UT still came up short. Now we have a guy who IMO knows what a football player looks like and trusts his own eyes. The recruiting rankings are generally true... but Clemson rose to national dominance over several years with their best class being 7th. Dabo knows how to evaluate and develop players. Whether it is Pruitt or someone else, the coach that brings UT back will be like Dabo in that respect.

I've said for years now that the coach who pulls UT out will be a guy who gets some 4/5* guys but has an above average ability to find 3* guys... who are actually 4/5* caliber players.

I look down UT's current commit/signee listing and see Jimmy Holiday. A QB that probably isn't a college QB but who is an incredible athlete with the potential to become really special. I see Spraggins, Perry, and Robinson... and remember that the recruiting sites give disproportionately few high rankings to OL's... and have a really tough time predicting success for OL's. I see McDonald who Pruitt seems to really like.

I saw what Pruitt did with a patchwork DL this year with no experience and the improvements on the OL and D overall....

I think I'm willing to wait to see what kind of talent these guys really have rather than believing that a difference in ranking for a couple or 3 players.... means this class that will probably finish 14th or better... is worse than the 7th or 8th ranked class.
Agree with this 100 percent. His short stay here seems to indicate that he has a knack for finding guys on his own. How often did we see a guy get his first " BIG OFFER " only to have several other schools jump in the water soon after. That is very telling to me. I think we have the right man. He will polish these 3 stars and along with the 4 and 5s he does get and will have us back in the real conversation sooner rather than later. Then he will be getting more and more of the A list guys assuming they are a fit.

Reactions: sjt18
"Wideman is a Rivals100 wide receiver from Florida that has been committed to Florida State since May, but Ole Miss has been the school trending. He visited Oxford over the weekend, Lane Kiffin made him a priority and it looks like Wideman is likely to flip to the Rebels. You cannot completely rule Tennessee out either, but Ole Miss is the program with the momentum late."

- Chad Simmons

Reactions: VolByLaw
Pruitt can’t close and tee is underwhelming. We’ve lost a lot more big battles than we have won. Losing to a ****** ole miss is pretty bad though.

Smh. TN fans of all people should know how elite a recruiter Kiffin is. One of best offensive minds in game. At a school that Hugh freeze showed isn’t afraid to get hands dirty. That has a recent success of WRs in league. Kiffin has laundry list of WRs he has coached. It’s not that crazy that an offensive player would pick ole miss. We also don’t know what previous relationship Kiffin had with Wideman or his coaches being in Florida area past few yrs.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain

VN Store

Back