'20 TX RB Zachary Evans

Seems like a lot of similarities between Evans and Cam Newton. Main difference is the Cam scenario played out in college. Turned out well for Auburn, was the start of some regression for the Gaturds...

Don't you know his refusal to give up his cell, the fact he hasn't settled on his college destination and the fact that recruiting"journalists" can't get a read on him are all personal affronts to the morally righteous, upstanding citizens on this board?

It's truly horrible what he is putting everyone through and @Frankly I won't stand for it!
That is a horrible oversimplification of some peoples concerns. I have concerns too, but if the coaches think they can handle him without him becoming a divisive force..then I trust they know what they are doing.

We may not lose much recruiting him at this point in the cycle, but if he does come here we have something to lose if he cannot behave. There’s just a lot of implication that he makes poor decisions but maybe our team/culture is now healthy enough to absorb his brand of unpredictability.
Imo if he does create a bad culture the coaches aren’t doing thier jobs

The best thing we can do is not get too invested in this 18 yr old kid.
From this story today, it is quite obvious this kid is a head case and playing a game.
He has admitted to making some dumb decisions regarding his recruitment and playing the recruitment game, but he appears to put himself in front of team chemistry and commitment. A lot of red flags.
It appears our coaches will have to put a hammer on him and there is no way to tell at this point if he will comply.
Several have mentioned he may have entry-level issues ACT scores and who knows.
Looking more like the Bryce Brown recruitment if not worse with Lane Kiffin on the other side of this.
Will not be here until June with a signed LOI? or can he come early with enrollment? Didn't take the ACT until Dec 2019? States he was an early enrollee of which there may be more to the story.
Do we lose a scholarship or can we hold it if he does not sign LOI in Jun 2020?

That is a horrible oversimplification of some peoples concerns. I have concerns too, but if the coaches think they can handle him without him becoming a divisive force..then I trust they know what they are doing.

No issue with people having concerns ...those are valid.

The "head case", "this kid is a piece of work", "kid has bad character or is selfish" and "don't want this kid at UT" posts are what I take issue with.

Same people making these comments will be forgetting real quick if he comes here and lights it up....the scoreboard, not weed lol.

He cannot sign a LOI. He will just show up somewhere in June to enroll. This soap opera will go until June

No issue with people having concerns ...those are valid.

The "head case", "this kid is a piece of work", "kid has bad character or is selfish" and "don't want this kid at UT" posts are what I take issue with.

Same people making these comments will be forgetting real quick if he comes here and lights it up....the scoreboard, not weed lol.

Da'rick says Hi!

VN Store

Back