'20 TX RB Zachary Evans

I'm wary of Evans...he could legit play the game until he enrolls in classes this summer (maybe). That NLI only being one per cycle and him already having gotten out of the one he did sign now gives him the "upper hand" so to speak.

FYP

Reactions: Jack Burton
Commit to:
220px-The_Final_Countdown_single.png

But go to:
f0668377689b70b301f4b340e86172e7.jpg

Got it.
1580489754045.jpeg

Or he might be down in Africa.

I don’t know what to think about Evans. We want his talent but not the heartache. Based on reports, if you can get two complete seasons out of him it would be a miracle.

My biggest worry is that he can’t sign an LOI. Until he enrolls, even if he verbally commits, you have to walk on egg shells with this dude.

Yep, but I'm wary of him given his history....or reports of it.

Moving your announcement because it's selfish and your team is in the semis is totally negated when you then completely miss the State championship game because you won't adhere to a team policy.

It's like a Jekyll & Hyde thing going on. Sick family member isn't even that valid of a reason since if you're traveling for the state championship someone in your family (who has their phone) is likely traveling with you if something happens. Plus your family could very easily get in contact with the coaches or even call the hotel if something urgent happens.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
I never understood why fans take dramatic recruitments so personally. This kid is a potential game changer at RB, we have zero to lose trying to get him at this point. We are filing spots with best available and I’m no expert but this kid qualifies. If he messes around and ends up elsewhere I just prefer he stay away from the East. If we end up landing this kid, i think most of us will be celebrating.

Talent means jack if you never get on the field though. If it's too hard to follow personally, don't and tune back in August.
Every kid we have and will recruit is a risk to get on the field either by injury or the fact they are 18 year old dudes. Not everyone is going to come rolling into the hill like To’oto’o or Eric berry. I’m not saying character isn’t important but sometimes you gotta recruit the da’ricks and brays if they are elite and see where it goes. If coach Pruitt had his shot with those boys I’d bet they would have been even more productive.

I never understood why fans take dramatic recruitments so personally. This kid is a potential game changer at RB, we have zero to lose trying to get him at this point. We are filing spots with best available and I’m no expert but this kid qualifies. If he messes around and ends up elsewhere I just prefer he stay away from the East. If we end up landing this kid, i think most of us will be celebrating.

Don't you know his refusal to give up his cell, the fact he hasn't settled on his college destination and the fact that recruiting"journalists" can't get a read on him are all personal affronts to the morally righteous, upstanding citizens on this board?

It's truly horrible what he is putting everyone through and @Frankly I won't stand for it!

Don't you know his refusal to give up his cell, the fact he hasn't settled on his college destination and the fact that recruiting"journalists" can't get a read on him are all personal affronts to the morally righteous, upstanding citizens on this board?

It's truly horrible what he is putting everyone through and @Frankly I won't stand for it!
My favorite of all time was rueben foster getting the auburn tattoo then going to bama. That kid was an absolute stud and I’d have gladly cheered him on in orange with a Florida tattoo if he had it.

I just googled that and realized it was a tribute to a cousin/ friend. I don’t want to make light of that Since I just always thought it was a fan thing.

My favorite of all time was rueben foster getting the auburn tattoo then going to bama. That kid was an absolute stud and I’d have gladly cheered him on in orange with a Florida tattoo if he had it.

Only if he left enough room to tattoo "f***" right above it.

If you remember Ricky Williams from Texas, he retired and said he never really liked football. I wonder if this kid even likes the game. If you read that article about him from back in the summer, it says as much.
He doesn’t watch the NFL or College football and growing up didn’t like playing the organized game. He was into drawing and origami. With his history, I think there’s a real risk he enrolls and bails after two weeks of training camp. Decruitment will be epic.
When asked his thoughts on the Texas offense a few years ago he said he would base his judgement on how they faired against a good defense like Oklahoma’s....

We may not lose much recruiting him at this point in the cycle, but if he does come here we have something to lose if he cannot behave. There’s just a lot of implication that he makes poor decisions but maybe our team/culture is now healthy enough to absorb his brand of unpredictability.

VN Store

Back