Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unions = it doesn't matter how hard you work or what you contribute, it only matters how long you've been there. Unions make it where the best workers don't get paid near what they are worth and the worst workers get paid far more than they deserve. My dad is required to be in a union for his job on the railroad. He is as liberal as they day is long and he hates the union with a fiery passion that cannot be extinguished.

This isn’t place for this discussion. But I can’t let this pass
Glitch, some of your post is semi accurate but if not for unions, we all would be working for pennies, 60+ hours a week, no holidays, no medical benefits, no retirement nothing but work. Just like third world.
Yes disparity between workers can be frustrating but it’s management responsible to manage their workers. I’m a proud IBEW member enjoying my retirement and I hope your Dad enjoys his.
Tennessee is a “right to work”for less state
Let all be free to choose, the USA is great
GBO

Yeah, this conversation could go south quickly.
The non union guys are right BUT so is touchdown.
It's like everything else, both sides have brought right and wrong and both sides have been known to go way too far if unchecked.
Agreed. And I'll acknowledge that unions had a place and at one point were needed. And that they played a key role in helping reform and regulating labor relations.

They evolved in to.... Not that...

What they were and what they stood for at inception is wholly different than the modern day version.

And I'll be happy to leave it at that...

Agreed. And I'll acknowledge that unions had a place and at one point were needed. And that they played a key role in helping reform and regulating labor relations.

They evolved in to.... Not that...

What they were and what they stood for at inception is wholly different than the modern day version.

And I'll be happy to leave it at that...

How I feel also. Like most things, they started good and were, unfortunately, very needed.
But they became a mirror image of what they once stood against and in many cases, worse.

Unfortunate how many things this applies to. The bottom line, **** rolls down hill, we just choose which hill we stand at the bottom of... and I'm the optimist 😂

How I feel also. Like most things, they started good and were, unfortunately, very needed.
But they became a mirror image of what they once stood against and in many cases, worse.

Unfortunate how many things this applies to. The bottom line, **** rolls down hill, we just choose which hill we stand at the bottom of... and I'm the optimist 😂
Teacher unions are the worst. They send weekly magazines telling you what to think and when to think it.

So what is the purpose of the union. If a good worker can earn less than they are worth but save the union dues, aren't they still coming out ahead?
The original intent of unions were to improve working conditions on jobs. Unions today holds bargaining power, especially with skilled trades. Union dues are minuscule. I paid $5-$10 per month in dues. Benefits of unions are healthcare, wages, pensions, working conditions. Most people that don't like unions have never been part of a union. They just know that they are bad. I worked in a union over 20nyears ago and I still have pension and stock from that company. I have a pension now because I am an "educator".

here is my schedule if it helps, I don't know your running level:

M 3 miles
T 2 miles/lift
W 2 miles/lift
T 4 miles
F 4-5 miles
S 1 mile lift
Sunday lift

Of course I rarely make it all 7 days but you can figure out where you need to make up.

Pace level?

Also more interested in playing politics, even to the detriment of their constituency.
Not sure that's a fair statement. Based on my experiences here in TN, their power and influence has effectively been negated in last 10 years. A lot of that stems from outside influences, incl. Big Business.

Anyway, diff topic for a diff forum.

Reactions: WallyBalls
Like most things, wages aren't matching price increases.

1970 - average car cost $3500
1970 average income - $9870

2019 average light vehicle - $37,129
2019 average income - $31,099
Need unions to get their balls back

I work in the automotive industry. My job centers around future work for my plant. I can assure you some of the things we are getting ready to launch in the next few years are not going to be cheap. Most luxury things on vehicles use to be a option now they are mandatory. I can promise you do not want the inflation of the automotive business that the Union would bring back. We are quickly approaching a 40,000 standard sedan car no matter the manufacture.

Are you wanting to get faster or not?

Lots of ways to skin a cat, everything I've ever learned/known was about getting them hamstrings stronger and doing explosive workouts (plyometrics, sprints, sled pull, hill sprints, etc.)

Fine..... just know when I’m doing them I’m gunna be thinking “I hate MoCo_Vol...... I hate MoCo_Vol.....” 😂

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
Are you wanting to get faster or not?

Lots of ways to skin a cat, everything I've ever learned/known was about getting them hamstrings stronger and doing explosive workouts (plyometrics, sprints, sled pull, hill sprints, etc.)
I don't support skinning cats in any way or form.

Reactions: Sleegro
Alexvol from 247, gridscape! Old schoool fellar
Yep,I was a Charter member of Gridscape and will be 81 years young next Thursday.Been a Vol fan since 1948 so long history with Vol football....Dad was Construction Superintendent ( now known as Project Manager ) for the construction Of South End Zone ,Neyland Stadium which started in 1948 and finished in 1951 .Saw lots of football free during that time,met the whole football teams in each year,became close friends with Doug Atkins who used to help tutor my basketball skills and come and watch me play in Biddy League BB.

Teacher unions are the worst. They send weekly magazines telling you what to think and when to think it.
My wife's union does absolutely nothing that I can tell other than collect dues and push their favorite insurance carriers on you.

Losing Cam Akers to FSU hurt me bad. Getting Joseph and Wideman this year makes me feel a little better. Adding Evans will make me whole.
I got banned when Cam chose FSU. Sab was in here telling everyone that Cam was a Vol, and I kept pointing out that the poster was Sab, and I got the ban hammer for it

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back